Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Saw this on Craigslist?

NM_MOM

Cavy Slave
This C&C is for sale. I don't know or think it is really big enough, I would hook it up to my Midwest habitat (8 ft) But I just don't know if this is worth it.(broken link removed) ANy thoughts?

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
You can get the same thing here...(broken link removed)
Also K-Mart or Bed Bath and Beyond. More grids as well.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
If their measurements of inside space are actually correct, then it should be a little under 10.5 sq ft (enough room for a pair of sows). If you can find a way to safely connect it to your midwest habitat then I think that should be enough room for two boars.
40$ doesn't seem like a bad price to me, I paid about $60 (not including shipping) for a 2x3 from this site's store.

lissie

Cavy Slave
This C&C is for sale. I don't know or think it is really big enough, I would hook it up to my Midwest habitat (8 ft) But I just don't know if this is worth it.(broken link removed) ANy thoughts?

It looks like a regular 2x3 C&C cage, which is 7.5 sq.ft. A Midwest cage is a bit longer, and narrower.

I prefer having coroplast inside the grids. The one in the pic have the grids inside, which might make it harder to clean.

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
I have the grids inside my girls' cage and I feel that it does a better job of securing down the fleece. Sometimes, poos get caught between the grids and coro, but that's nothing a vacuum can't suck up real quick.

For $40, I think it's a great deal. It may not be big enough for what you're looking for *with a lid*, but that cage can easily be a 2x5 by utilizing the lid grids as side grids instead. Considering all the bells and whistles it comes with (except maybe that questionable seed/log thing), I'd grab that deal in a second!

pinky

Cavy Slave
I have the grids inside my girls' cage and I feel that it does a better job of securing down the fleece. Sometimes, poos get caught between the grids and coro, but that's nothing a vacuum can't suck up real quick.

For $40, I think it's a great deal. It may not be big enough for what you're looking for *with a lid*, but that cage can easily be a 2x5 by utilizing the lid grids as side grids instead. Considering all the bells and whistles it comes with (except maybe that questionable seed/log thing), I'd grab that deal in a second!

The drawback to having your grids in the cage is that urine will corrode the grids.

NM_MOM

Cavy Slave
she told me it is 3.5 ft by 2.5 ft that's really big enough? she has 17 grids all together. I wouldn't need the lid so I could use those to expand it, but then would have to buy more coroplast.

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
The Sq footage is 8.75 ft.

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
The ad was deleted, so you might want to make sure it isn't sold already.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.