Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Where can i get UHAUL PADS?

taylorcha4

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Can i get it at UHAUL? How much is it? My girls are stinking up my room and i need this under control. I clean out their cage weekly and spot clean 2 times a day. They are on fleece on top of puppy pads. xx thanks!

Kristine

Cavy Slave
Order online or from a local rental company. If you can't find uhaul pads you can go to a craft store and use %100 cotton quilting batting. Thats what I used because none of the local uhaul rental places had it at the time I wanted it. I double layer it and its pretty much the same as a uhaul pad. One package was enough for multiple cage liners with lots to spare.

(broken link removed)

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Order online or from a local rental company. If you can't find uhaul pads you can go to a craft store and use %100 cotton quilting batting. Thats what I used because none of the local uhaul rental places had it at the time I wanted it. I double layer it and its pretty much the same as a uhaul pad. One package was enough for multiple cage liners with lots to spare.

(broken link removed)

Thank you for this awesome tip! I go to AC Moore/Michaels on an almost constant basis for embroidery supplies, so I'll definitely check them out for batting. None of the uHauls around me have the pads and AC Moore has a 50 percent off coupon! YAY!

Sindas

Cavy Slave
Just make sure if you go to a local rental company that they let you actually keep the pads. When we moved I ordered 3 huge bags of pads, intending to use them for the cage after we had moved. Paid quite a bit for them too. When we went to pick up the truck and pads, they said the pads had to be returned, and were not for sale. I was a wee bit ticked.

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
BTW.....do you still have a purple theme cage? I think I may still have some of the same fleece for you.

Sure do! :D I'd love to take any scraps off your hands.

pinky

Cavy Slave
How large is your cage and how many guinea pigs are in it? I have three 2x4 c&c cages and I can't go a week without washing the bedding. I usually clean the cages and wash the bedding two times a week. I use fleece pads with fleece on two sides and a single layer of uhaul padding in the middle. I also have a single layer of uhaul padding under the pad. Sometimes the uhaul pad under the pads are completely dry so I don't need to change those. If it smells, wash the bedding. I feed my guinea pigs the exact foods and some have more droppings and get smelly faster than others. What works for one guinea pig might not work for another. Let your nose tell you when you need to clean the cages.

pinky

Cavy Slave

(broken link removed)

Cotton batting works as well as uhaul padding as long as you use a layer as thick as the uhaul padding. They're both 100% cotton so they're virtually the same thing.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Can i get it at UHAUL? How much is it? My girls are stinking up my room and i need this under control. I clean out their cage weekly and spot clean 2 times a day. They are on fleece on top of puppy pads. xx thanks!

Add a bath sheet or two, i haven't had a problem in the 6 weeks of using fleece. i layer the puppy pads, towels and the fleece.

Kristine

Cavy Slave
Pinky........my issue with batting is that it isn't as "dense" as the uHaul pad which makes a big difference. If one uses batting, then it needs to be cotton in order to wick and absorb.
My guess is it depends on the kind you use. I haven't had any issues with the stuff I use (see above link) and I just double layer it inside the liners I made. Lasts a week and I could push it longer if I wanted to. It's 100% cotton.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.