Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Colian's Litter Habits

bibliocavy

Cavy Slave
Everytime I go to scoop my guys' cage, poor Colian is sitting in his dome in a pile of pee and poop. How can he stand this, poor thing? I wonder if it is a tide-over from when he lived in that vile, disgusting cage at his previous home? I wonder if I can help him out of this habit? Any suggestions? He's still young, 7 months, so maybe he'll grow out of it on his own?

Sindas

Cavy Slave
That just may be his favorite place to go. My girls strongly favor their pigloos to go in, and still sit in there. I just make sure to clean it frequently throughout the day, and keep fresh hay down. I also sewed up some extra fleece/towel pads that I keep under their hideys so pee isn't soaking into just one spot over and over.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You can move his dome around, or better yet, take it out altogether. I hate hideys where the pig doesn't have any air circulation. I use step stools from the dollar store.

And ditto putting the pads under the hideys.

bibliocavy

Cavy Slave
@bpatters I thought piggies needed a place to hide, to feel safe. He's been through a lot. He didn't have a hidey at his other home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.