PDA

View Full Version : Coroplast Alternatives DONE! What do you think!?

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 04:32 pm
Our new cages. What do you think? anything I should change before putting them in?

Gforcepiggies
04-16-13, 04:36 pm
Looks amazing! Nothing to change! How big is it?

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 04:37 pm
Well, you know... I need to measure. lol

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 04:39 pm
roughly 5.5 feet by 2.5 feet

Rhinos_mom
04-16-13, 04:40 pm
Other than some hideys? haha just kidding of course, i would say just be super sure they cant wriggle out between the grid and the wall... it's very stylish!

YourSoJelly
04-16-13, 04:42 pm
Holy macaroons! That is AWESOME!!! I would agree with Rhinos_mom. Make sure they can't wriggle out anywhere and I would say that your set and ready!

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 05:55 pm
And with everyone in, bathed and eating their veggies. 47620

MooMoosMomma
04-16-13, 06:40 pm
Super cute! Love the wall decals, too :)

pocketmonster
04-16-13, 06:50 pm
That's so awesome! How does it feel in the room? I want to make a furniture piece for my living room but I'm afraid it will look awkward and clunky. I LOVE the space and how you utilized the wall as part of the design instead of having grids all the way around.

Inle_Rabbit
04-16-13, 06:59 pm
I think it looks awesome. Love the black!

AussiePiggies
04-16-13, 07:16 pm
Woohoo! That was quick! Looks awesome, I love it, now I want one too! LOL I am suffering from piggie furniture house envy

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 07:21 pm
That's so awesome! How does it feel in the room? I want to make a furniture piece for my living room but I'm afraid it will look awkward and clunky. I LOVE the space and how you utilized the wall as part of the design instead of having grids all the way around.

Well, we just got a 125 gallon aquarium for a bearded dragon (it's sectioned off right now, because he's still a baby) so, we mimicked the dimensions of the tank (it has a black stand as well) and put it on the other wall, to give the room balance. My son has therapy in that room, too, and do his table is int he middle with plenty of floorspace left. I'll take a picture of the room tomorrow, once I've had a chance to pick up the mess I made today! lol

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 07:42 pm
don't judge me on how bad my carpet needs to be vacuumed. lol the kids are sleeping. :D The room as a whole. 47631

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 07:43 pm
lol @ Lou La belle in the middle of the picture. "Hey! I'm the dog, I'm in the pet room, too!"

YourSoJelly
04-16-13, 07:52 pm
That…looks…AWESOME! Wow…just wow.

MuggleMaggie
04-16-13, 08:41 pm
That…looks…AWESOME! Wow…just wow.
Thank you! I'm very pleased with the feeling of the room now. The real test is seeing how therapy goes tomorrow, and if the extra floor space really does help. MY old cages (the mid west) were smaller, but taking up SO MUCH room. We have a small house, and I've learned that it's all about working with the space you have.

YourSoJelly
04-16-13, 08:43 pm
Exactly. Space is key!

Megaredize
04-16-13, 09:45 pm
looks good. what do you have in the aquarium?

SheWolfSilver
04-16-13, 10:24 pm
Oh, wow! That is awesome! I'm thinking about updating our cage and moving them from our son's room to one of the living areas so they will have more space. This has given me a whole lot of ideas!

Varcoda
04-17-13, 01:22 am
beautifully made cage! i'm quite impressed the corner was tweaked to fit your wall too :D

Rhyue
04-17-13, 02:53 am
Nice work there, I love how clean and well built it all looks! Very stylish.

My only question is if you have some sort of layer between the wall and the cage? Thats a pretty low edge next to the wall so it'd probably be easy for stuff to get on the ledge/in the crack there or all over the wall in general which might cause some issues, especially after a few years.

I know two of my boys are filthy little buggers, they like to try to spray each other and even with my 14+ inch tall back I still find urine splashed an inch or two above it on the actual wall sometimes (they're really close, if separated they'll cry to each-other and sometimes groom each-other, but still engage in a lot of non-violent dominance stuff, even after being together for 2 years).

MuggleMaggie
04-17-13, 06:11 am
looks good. what do you have in the aquarium?

That would be Draco. Our bearded dragon. :D

MuggleMaggie
04-17-13, 06:14 am
My only question is if you have some sort of layer between the wall and the cage? Thats a pretty low edge next to the wall so it'd probably be easy for stuff to get on the ledge/in the crack there or all over the wall in general which might cause some issues, especially after a few years..

It's screwed right to the wall, and then there is a line of caulking between the board and the wall. It's a permanent fixture. It's part of the house now. lol nothing is getting in there.

That was one thing I needed to be sure of, too. Piggies can be... pigs. hahaha.

MuggleMaggie
04-17-13, 06:17 am
Oh, wow! That is awesome! I'm thinking about updating our cage and moving them from our son's room to one of the living areas so they will have more space. This has given me a whole lot of ideas!

Glad I could help! I got the idea from Inle_Rabbit, though. So, I can't claim credit. We tweaked it to fit our needs, of course, but the look and feel of it was based on hers.

pocketmonster
04-17-13, 06:37 am
WOW! I could sure spend a few hours a day in that room, myself! So much to watch and learn from :) How awesome of a momma you are for providing such a space. Love it! :o

lunarminx
04-17-13, 07:37 am
Love the cage and the color. Black goes with all decor, and the color bursts come from the fleece and a. I also love the decals on the wall. How many piggies do you have?

MuggleMaggie
04-17-13, 08:09 am
Three! One on top and two on bottom. :)

guinysmom
04-17-13, 10:13 am
It looks great! I am sure your piggies are happy.

BNCavy91
04-17-13, 11:52 am
It looks great! I love how you used the space!