Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives options for kitchen area.

blueberryice

Cavy Slave
We are getting our two guinea pigs on Monday. I have a Midwest cage coming on Saturday.(it will be a good start cage before I move to a c&c and so glad i saw these before i bought and over prized dinky cage in the pet store) I am going to try and start of using fleece. i have seen some people have separate kitchen areas for feeding (and sometimes use different bedding also.) i have also seen Coroplast removable trays. Does anyone know of a common commercial available item that is similar to this item? I want to get the cage all ready for our new friends tomorrow so their home is all ready for them when they arrive.

New Cavy Mommy

Guinealover10
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
There are the kitchens off this website, Coroplast Kitchen Areas but I think they are slightly too wide for the Midwest.
I can't seem to find any other commercially available kitchen inserts :( So you might have to buy extra coro and score it yourself.

Last edited:

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
a cat litter tray is an easily available substitute! you just have to make sure its low enough for the piggy to climb in, or have a bridge, or simply cut a doorway :)

Leanne Groot

Cavy Slave
what i like to use is a large plain cardboard box with some bedding like shavings in it. My piggies like to chew on other materials so i think the cardboard is a safe method for chewers. Also when the box gets all gross i just throw it out and get a new one =)

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
A kitty litter tray, smaller petstore cage can work!! It's safe and can help with the mess of the food!!

Good Luck:cheerful:

kmac22

Cavy Slave
What I am currently using is a dish pan with a hole cut out on one side. I've been using it for a few weeks with no problems so far!

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
I know this post is older, but I use a tote base with the sides cut down. This way the sides are higher and the front is lower. It fits 1 grid wide. This is only a good option if you can get them cheap, otherwise a kitty litter box may be better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.