PDA

View Full Version : C&C Alternatives Shower Curtain Flooring - Inside or outside the cage?

bibliocavy
04-12-13, 01:18 pm
I have a shower curtain for the bottom of my large small animal playpen. At the moment I have the sides of their shower curtain the outside of the cage. However, I am finding it a bit hard to clean the with the bars in the way. Is is safe to put the bottom on the inside? I'm just worried about someone tunneling through the curtain and getting stuck.

Here's Cavy Meadows! Just cleaned today!

Vintage
04-12-13, 08:51 pm
I used a shower curtain before switching to coroplast. I hated it lol, the curtain was outside of the bars because my piggie would chew and eat the plastic. If that isn't a problem for you, then I would go ahead and move it to the inside. If you have plenty of hidies and binder clips, they may not burrow under.

Varcoda
04-13-13, 02:12 am
i find shower curtains harder to wash, with one particular bad experience where the pee was just trapped in the balled up curtain after being through the washing machine :grumpy:
so i decided to use a mattress protector instead for floor time, which is really REALLY cheap at ikea. alternatively you could tape up some plastic table mats for a base :)

Coughingcolours
04-14-13, 04:39 pm
I actually use a shower curtain right now. While it isn't the most convenient, it works pretty well. I cut it so it lays about 3-4 inches past the cubes. Then I lay about 3 layers of towels down. The next step took a bit to figure out, but it works wonders. I lay my fleece flat over the towels, reassemble the cage on top of it, pull taught on the sides, and binder clip so the fleece sits up 3-4 inches so no poops fly out. (hope that made sense)

i find shower curtains harder to wash, with one particular bad experience where the pee was just trapped in the balled up curtain after being through the washing machine :grumpy:
so i decided to use a mattress protector instead for floor time, which is really REALLY cheap at ikea. alternatively you could tape up some plastic table mats for a base :)

Taping table mats is genius! I'm definitely going to have to do that when we buy a new base. (we replace the curtain every couple months, because they're super cheap)
I can't wait until we can move at the end of may, we're going to finally upgrade to coro! :D