Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
I'd like to introduce myself and my boys. My name is Tonya and my piggies are Mr. Nibbles and Skippy. They were 2 months old when we bought them in February from a local reliable pet store. Here is a picture of my babies:

get-attachment.jpgget-attachment (2).jpg
Mr. Nibbles Skippy

My daughter named hers Mr. Nibbles and few days later i went and bought his friend because i couldn't stop thinking about him and i thought he needed a friend. I was told Skippy was a teddy but not sure about the other, he has soft fur and a little long, that's why my daughter wanted him. I take complete care of them and my daughter helps but is never unsupervised, she's 8yrs. old. She loves hand feeding them and they already come to the cage door when i open it, soo cuute!! :love:

Last edited:

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum! you're absolutely right Mr Nibbles needed a friend :D

a good thing to do is CHECK the gender of the piggies! pet stores are notorious for mis-sexing piggies. also your piggies still haven't reached their full grown size, but you might want to consider building a larger cage soon :) boars tend to need a bit more space.

is skippy named because he looks like peanut butter? :D

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
Thank You! They were both check infront of me and there little winky popped out lol. When we got them we bought a 30inch thinking we were only going to have one but a couple weeks ago we went buy 47inch and i also have a playpen for them. I gave up my coffee table for them, that's were the cage goes now lol. :cheerful: yes i thought of peanut butter and my sister yelled out "Skippy" ❤️

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!
It looks like you're feeding pellets with colored bits in them, and I just wanted to let you know that those are actually bad for small animals. So are nuts and seeds.
Since they're about 4 months old now they should be getting plain unlimited alfalfa based pellets until they're 6 months old.
When they become 6 months old they should get 1/8 cup of pellets per pig per day.
When they become a year old they should get a plain timothy based pellet.

They should also have a long strand grass hay, such as Timothy, available to them 24/7. (Which it looks like they have! :) )
And they need 1 cup of veggies per pig per day. Most people give them half in the morning and half in the evening.
Here's a great nutritional chart to help you pick which veggies to feed them: https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...y-nutrition-charts-poisonous-plants-list.html

I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do, this forum is full of great info! :)

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
Thank You! I already know of all your advice. The bits you are seeing is a fruit or veggie that i was introducing them to. They get unlimited oxbow timothy hay and unlimited oxbow pellets for young guinea pigs til 6 months. They get plenty of veggies daily, i've researched charts the day i got them. :)

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Thank You! I already know of all your advice. The bits you are seeing is a fruit or veggie that i was introducing them to. They get unlimited oxbow timothy hay and unlimited oxbow pellets for young guinea pigs til 6 months. They get plenty of veggies daily, i've researched charts the day i got them. :)

Good to hear! Good luck with your piggies, they are super cute by the way. :)

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
They are healthy and they were well taking care of. The pet store i deal with are excellent with small animals, birds, fish and reptiles. They do animal exhibits for special events, schools and birthday parties. My daughter is having one in june. :)

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
Thank You! I love them to pieces :love:

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
So cute I'm glad you know how to properly care for them!

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.