Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi from NZ

cavycuddle

Cavy Slave
:) We are the proud owners of Whiti - our boy cavy, whom we love to pieces. He has been with us for a month now, is very spoilt and has settled in amazingly well. He is responsive to our voices and "purrs" endlessly. When I say "we", he is in fact my 11 year old grandsons cavy, but "we" are all smitten with him. This is a first for me, I have never cared for (or overseen the care of) a guinea before so it has been a wonderful learning journey. My grandson is an awesome carer for Whiti and tells me Whiti makes him feel warm inside - bonding success. The lil guy can distinguish between us all and my grandson is no 1 carer, I am no 2 and the other two grands are 3 and 4. I was amazed at how quickly Whiti warmed to us (newbies!!) and he is such a delight. We will now be seeking out a buddy for him. I have waited until I was confident we were doing the best we could with one, and I think we're doing pretty well, so it is time to find Whiti a buddy. My grandson will join up soon also, as I encourage him to learn as much as possible. I'm sure he will enjoy bragging about Whiti also. nice to be here, I've read many awesome posts and love the photos. Thanks for being here

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! You just HAVE to post pictures of your piggies! @RodentCuddles is from NZ so she would help you with stuff.

cavycuddle

Cavy Slave
thanks, we will do, we are so proud of him :):)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I would be too! :) mAKE SURE TO DOPT A BUDDY! rODENTcUDDLES ACTUALLY RUNS a rescue and she would help. Sorry for the weird caps.

cavycuddle

Cavy Slave
I'll check her out nowe, we are ready for no 2 and excited to get Whiti a buddy.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
It is very exiting. I am sure RodentCuddles will give you the go around but make sure to put the buddy into a 2 week quarantine period and they will need a C&C cage.

cavycuddle

Cavy Slave
Thx, we are certainly cavy lovers, it took so little time :)

SimbaDC650

Cavy Slave
Welcome, hope to see a picture of your family's little cavy!

cavycuddle

Cavy Slave
we will post a photo as soon as I figure out how to :)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
In the little post box at the bottom of the screen, its the 11th icon from the left. it is in-between the Earth with the "x" and a film roll.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome!

There's been a lot of NZ people joining lately. :)

Sadly, right now the girds for C&C are not for sale in NZ (and haven't been since 2008) but! We are going to order some in soon, just need to sort out some stuff and then it'll take a month for them to get here after being paid for.
You can always be creative and build you're own cage out of other materials...I'd be happy to help you out with that if you wanted.

I'm not sure where in NZ you are, but the lynfield vets have now got Oxbow guinea pig food in. So we now have two safe brands of guinea pig food available in nz...the other being made by Little Chintas the chinchilla rescue.

Right now we have 8 guinea pigs in the rescue, but only have 4 up for adoption and both are male pairs (Jasper & Chester, Moo Moo & Pepe le Pew).
Jasper and Chester can't be introduced to another male guinea pig, but with Moo Moo and Pepe Le Pew we are more welcoming to the idea depending on cage size and the other boars personality.

We have one single boar in quarantine, he was rescued 2 weeks ago along with a female (Martha, who is under preggy watch).
He currently is healing from a bad case of mange mites as well as being very boney and skinny. His name is Rory and is said to be 6 months old.
IMG_4974.jpgIMG_4748.jpg

Sorry for hijacking your thread! If you're interested in adopting a bub (or bubs) from us feel free to PM me via this forum or the rescue's facebook page or my email (which you can find on the facebook page).

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

cavycuddle

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

There's been a lot of NZ people joining lately. :)

Sadly, right now the girds for C&C are not for sale in NZ (and haven't been since 2008) but! We are going to order some in soon, just need to sort out some stuff and then it'll take a month for them to get here after being paid for.
You can always be creative and build you're own cage out of other materials...I'd be happy to help you out with that if you wanted.

I'm not sure where in NZ you are, but the lynfield vets have now got Oxbow guinea pig food in. So we now have two safe brands of guinea pig food available in nz...the other being made by Little Chintas the chinchilla rescue.

Right now we have 8 guinea pigs in the rescue, but only have 4 up for adoption and both are male pairs (Jasper & Chester, Moo Moo & Pepe le Pew).
Jasper and Chester can't be introduced to another male guinea pig, but with Moo Moo and Pepe Le Pew we are more welcoming to the idea depending on cage size and the other boars personality.

We have one single boar in quarantine, he was rescued 2 weeks ago along with a female (Martha, who is under preggy watch).
He currently is healing from a bad case of mange mites as well as being very boney and skinny. His name is Rory and is said to be 6 months old.
View attachment 46768View attachment 46769

Sorry for hijacking your thread! If you're interested in adopting a bub (or bubs) from us feel free to PM me via this forum or the rescue's facebook page or my email (which you can find on the facebook page).

Hi thx for your reply to my post. I would be interested in adopting a cavy if you can point me in the right direction - we are in PNth. Our little guy is a real cutie and I'm looking forward to adopting a biddie for him:):)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.