Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hi

newbie1

Cavy Slave
hi just introducing myself, i have two piggies, one is male one is gender ambiguos and i need HELP

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello Newbie1,
If you are having trouble finding the sex of your pigs you can post a photo and one of our members is sure to help you out. You can also try figuring it out yourself: Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig.

newbie1

Cavy Slave
Thanks. I tried again using pics someone linked. I still can't figure it out and I'm a little nervous about pressing on the guinea pig

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
Don't worry about it, you won't hurt her/him. It's just important to be sure of the gender soon so you have no unwanted babies! Be sure to post pigtures of them! :)

newbie1

Cavy Slave
Don't worry about it, you won't hurt her/him. It's just important to be sure of the gender soon so you have no unwanted babies! Be sure to post pigtures of them! :)
I pressed on the bit I think I should have and felt something. Would that be a penis? It has no nuts. At all. She/ he is fluffy so it's hard to see. Nothing popped out, like no penis. There was a nub with a line down the middlr

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I pressed on the bit I think I should have and felt something. Would that be a penis? It has no nuts. At all. She/ he is fluffy so it's hard to see. Nothing popped out, like no penis. There was a nub with a line down the middlr

If you gently pressed above the genital area and felt a ridge then I would say that's a penis.
My piggy George is definitely a boy (I actually had a gender scare with him a little while back) but it seems pretty much impossible to get his penis to pop out. I'm not sure why.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Until you know for sure, definitely keep them in separate cages. If you are nervous about checking the gender or aren't sure what you are looking at, a vet will be able to tell you for sure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.