Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Changed bedding over to fleeces - seems to be working well!

T

tinkerbell68

Changed bedding over to fleeces - seems to be working well!

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum - just wanted to talk about the change of bedding for my 3 piggies, Sally, Daisy & Meggie. I had always used a combination of things, hay, carefresh, etc. This was ok, but was quite messy, a bit smelly sometimes, so I thought about putting large pieces of fleece in instead.

Anyway, the fleece takes up most of the cage, except at one end where the food & water is, where I still put woodflakes, covered with carefresh. All their hay is put in as normal & all their other bits & pieces - have even put a bit of fleece in their big cardboard tunnel (Daisy just loves it, can not get her out sometimes!)

I have done this for about a week now & have noticed a big difference - they love the fleece, cleaning is much easier, no smell & you just put the fleeces in the washing machine when dirty. I have just ordered 2 more large pieces of this fleece from Littlewoods(I`m in the UK) @ only £7.95 each, so I will always have enough.

So sorry to go on, but I have been keeping piggies for a few years now & finding a bedding that works best for the piggies & me is great.

Best wishes,
Tinkerbell68 :)

T

tggdan3b

Questions about Fleece

Have you noticed the pigs eating the fleece at all?

Do you have 1 layer, or multiple layers so they can burrow around in it?

Just wondering. It sounds like a good idea to me.

-Dan III

T

tinkerbell68

Re: Questions about Fleece

Hello Dan,

I have layers of newspaper first, then the big piece of fleece, cut to the size you want - you could have another layer if you wanted - I just have their house, tunnel, lots of paper for them to hide, fiddlestix tunnel, etc - I could put in a cavy cosy as well, made of the fleece.

You could try it out & see how it works - it seems to be working fine for me at the moment. They haven`t tried to burrow under the fleece yet, but they could.

Best wishes,
Tinkerbell68 :)

S

Sunshine

How is this working out?

How is the fleece working out??

Are you referring to polar fleece?

I'm thinking about this...it would save us some money...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.