Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the community

Alana Wood

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

i'm Alana and my family and I are in love with our 3 guinea pigs. Two were adopted sisters, named Ginger and Isabella. Shortly after we had them, we got a third, named Candace.

we originally had a pet store cage, and then we bought a c & c cage, and fleece flippers. I
I've also made a fleece liner for the cage as well.

Recently I made a section of the cage a kitchen. My most recent struggle is finding a good solution for a hay rack. Candace like to climb into the hay and she soils it. I'm thinking of trying to bend a c&c grid. Does anyone have any thoughts about that?

i look forward to being a part of this community.
cheers

bonkerzmommy13

Cavy Slave
welcome!!
My hay rack is a bended grid with choro ziptied to the sides to prevent my piggie from making a mess and climbing in. You may want to put a top and sides on the rack. Make sure the lid is "hinged". :) hope this helped some what:)

piggies0117

Cavy Slave
Hi Alana! OMG I LOVE YOUR NAME!!! My name is Caiya (K-eye-yuh) I'm glad you got a C&C I personally think they look better than petstore cages. How do you like the fleece flippers? I'm thinking of getting them but they're really expensive! Are they worth the $$ ? I use a bent grid. It's zip-tied to a piece of coroplast onto the side of the cage (the coroplast is so the hay doesn't fall onto my floor) It can fit a TON of hay. I'd love to see pics of your pigs! Welcome!

Alana Wood

Cavy Slave
welcome!!
My hay rack is a bended grid with choro ziptied to the sides to prevent my piggie from making a mess and climbing in. You may want to put a top and sides on the rack. Make sure the lid is "hinged". :) hope this helped some what:)

Thanks for the tip! I will be trying tomorrow!

Alana Wood

Cavy Slave
Hi Alana! OMG I LOVE YOUR NAME!!! My name is Caiya (K-eye-yuh) I'm glad you got a C&C I personally think they look better than petstore cages. How do you like the fleece flippers? I'm thinking of getting them but they're really expensive! Are they worth the $$ ? I use a bent grid. It's zip-tied to a piece of coroplast onto the side of the cage (the coroplast is so the hay doesn't fall onto my floor) It can fit a TON of hay. I'd love to see pics of your pigs! Welcome!

Thank you Caiya! I love the fleece flippers. I find they are easy to clean and in the long term they cost less than bedding. I'm thinking of getting a second set! Thanks for the tip! I'm excited to try a bent grid tomorrow. I will try to past pics when I can.

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
Yes! Pigtures are a must!
On the hay rack, I had similar issues with my babies. Here is a link to a hay rack you can use with C&C cages: https://www.guineapigmarket.com/pig-out-pouch-hay#.UVjmMFc-C8w
It has really helped to reduce the mess with my guinea pigs. Better yet, you can make your own with a little fabric and a needle if you know how to sew :)

CavySavvyGirl

Cavy Slave
WELCOME! Did ya know there's an unspoken rule that every new member has to post pictures.... :crazy: Hehhehehehe.....awesome job with giving your pigs a nice big C&C cage!

Alana Wood

Cavy Slave

Alana Wood

Cavy Slave
Lol. I know now!

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I saw something about a hay rack, I didn't read all of it xD But my hayrack works great and it's a bent grid (one of the shelving grids that you get that have the hooks on them) with coro ziptied to the sides.

Attachments

DSCN1468.jpg DSCN1471.jpg

Alana Wood

Cavy Slave
Thanks all. We did bend a c&c sheet, and it's working like s charm! I expected that Candace would climb in it, but she didnt't. I'll have to block off the sides still. All of your advice is appreciated.

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Enjoy your piggies!

Alana Wood

Cavy Slave
image.jpg Ginger

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.