Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Breeder Selling "EXtras" for Easter

madrae

Cavy Slave
Please flag this ad. This is a breeder in my town.
(broken link removed)

CharScoobJoey

Cavy Slave
I flagged the ad. :( I wish people could just realize that guinea pigs and rabbits are animals, not Easter or Christmas presents that will most likely wound up in the wrong hands.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Has anyone noticed(yep, I flagged it) that the first two pigs have funny looking snouts? Anyone? They seem very short, not normal.

madrae

Cavy Slave
I never want to be counted as one of her "likes" but I creep her FaceBook page once in a while. You would not believe the volume of her business! Someone actually mentioned the noses and she replied that they were the perfect roman nose. Not mentioned in the ad, but the picture of one of these "Easter Extras" in her FB album mentions that the ear not showing is torn.

Recently, she posted an xray of a very pregnant pig ("For Fun! How many babies?"). Later she had to update that mama and all babies died. Sooooo sad. And she is literally in my neighborhood. UGH!

edcaguy

Cavy Slave
How do you have extras? I came across two post in DFW "They are really sweet but my 9 year old got in over her head with wanting them and she can't keep up with their care." and another "I just don't have the time or space for them anymore. I believe one is a male and one is female although they haven't mated yet." I emailed both, was nice about it but made my point. and asking $40 to rehome is just ridiculous. They don't even cost that much at the pet store. :mad:

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Sadly, Easter is always the peak time for rabbit and pig breeding.
I have a friend who owns a home run animal rescue, and the amount of rabbits and pigs she has gotten from children who have "lost interest" is horrendous.

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
easter- guinea pigs least favorite holiday

pinky

Cavy Slave
Has anyone noticed(yep, I flagged it) that the first two pigs have funny looking snouts? Anyone? They seem very short, not normal.

My guess it this person is trying to breed skinnies and there's texel mixed in. The short face looks like it has a teddy or texel facial structure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.