PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me?

_Cavy_Queen_
03-28-13, 03:10 pm
After looking around on the internet, and C & C rabbit cages, I came across this cage for a FLEMISH GIANT https://www.binkybunny.com/Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/DSCN4163.jpg I about died when I saw this. I really hope this poor bun gets lots of floor time. It makes me sad to see a 15+ lb rabbit in a cage designed for (at most) a Holland Lop. What are your opinions?

mufasa
03-28-13, 03:13 pm
I don't know anything about bunnies, but that photo made me think of a person imprisoned in a tiny prison cell.

_Cavy_Queen_
03-28-13, 03:15 pm
I don't know anything about bunnies, but that photo made me think of a person imprisoned in a tiny prison cell.

Exactly, it's tiny, it has wire floor, and Flemish Giants can easily exceed 15+ pounds.

Mowgs
03-28-13, 03:17 pm
Our rabbit (which we think is a rex...could be mini since he hasn't been weighed yet) has a pretty small cage, but he has constant access to his larger playpen.

I think it's hard to tell from that picture if the rabbit has free range of the house most of the time and that's just where he goes to eat/drink. That being said, it definitely is a bit crowded in there even for that purpose. I know several people who have bunny proofed their house and just let them roam around where they please and then have a small cage for them to go into if they need to feel safe.

ETA: I did just notice the wire floor as well, which shouldn't be there.

_Cavy_Queen_
03-28-13, 03:22 pm
Our rabbit (which we think is a rex...could be mini since he hasn't been weighed yet) has a pretty small cage, but he has constant access to his larger playpen.

I think it's hard to tell from that picture if the rabbit has free range of the house most of the time and that's just where he goes to eat/drink. That being said, it definitely is a bit crowded in there even for that purpose. I know several people who have bunny proofed their house and just let them roam around where they please and then have a small cage for them to go into if they need to feel safe.

ETA: I did just notice the wire floor as well, which shouldn't be there.

I hope it is only for that. Hopefully (s)he is in a bigger cage now.

doganddisc
03-28-13, 03:24 pm
It looks clean and well-cared for to me. In a rabbit cage, keeping something that clean doesn't strike me as being easy. It looks like that is just a "sometimes" cage and that the rabbit has the run of a larger area.

_Cavy_Queen_
03-28-13, 03:28 pm
It looks clean and well-cared for to me. In a rabbit cage, keeping something that clean doesn't strike me as being easy. It looks like that is just a "sometimes" cage and that the rabbit has the run of a larger area.

I thought of that to, but it may have just been cleaned.

doganddisc
03-28-13, 03:31 pm
I thought of that to, but it may have just been cleaned.

Even so, months of use gives cages wear and tear. Even when freshly cleaned they can still look pretty gross if they have a large animal living in a small space.

This is why judging somebody by one photo is not a good idea. It looks like that rabbit is happy, healthy, and well-cared for. Why condemn the person who owns it?

doganddisc
03-28-13, 03:34 pm
As I said: C&C Cage for Flemish Giant - BinkyBunny.com - House Rabbit Information Forum - BinkyBunny.com - BINKYBUNNY FORUMS - HABITATS AND TOYS (http://www.binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/120737/Default.aspx)

CanadianComforts
03-28-13, 03:35 pm
I had to do a major search to find the thread your talking about.

Here are some facts:

This was posted almost a year ago. The owner states this:

I just got my Flemish Giant almost a month ago, she has grown a lot in that time. I have plans to move her from the large rabbit (Petsmart) cage she is in now to a C&C Cage. Im thinking 3x6 is a good size with a 2x3 loft on one side (Pet steps will be made, she doesn't like ramps but loves her little loft she has now lolhttps://www.binkybunny.com/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/BB_Theme/emoticons/smile.gif) with coroplast and fleece liners for comfort (thankfully she is littler box trained.) I was wondering if this is good and If I need to know anything else before I begin buying the supplies. Advice would be soooo helpful for a first time bunny mommy!

She later posts this photo:

I don't know if this is her cage now, but I do know that the owner realized that it was a bad cage. So before we all go on a man hunt and talk about how bad they are, do your research.

Here is the original post: https://www.binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/120737/Default.aspx

_Cavy_Queen_
03-28-13, 03:35 pm
Even so, months of use gives cages wear and tear. Even when freshly cleaned they can still look pretty gross if they have a large animal living in a small space.

This is why judging somebody by one photo is not a good idea. It looks like that rabbit is happy, healthy, and well-cared for. Why condemn the person who owns it?

I wasn't judging anyone. I simple said, I do hope that the rabbit gets load of free run time. I guess I can't express my opinion on this site so I might as well just delete this.

_Cavy_Queen_
03-28-13, 03:36 pm
I had to do a major search to find the thread your talking about.

Here are some facts:

This was posted almost a year ago. The owner states this:

She later posts this photo:

I don't know if this is her cage now, but I do know that the owner realized that it was a bad cage. So before we all go on a man hunt and talk about how bad they are, do your research.

Here is the original post: https://www.binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/120737/Default.aspx

That is great! I'm very glad to see this as I was hoping that was the result.