Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiya! :D

CuddlyShark

Cavy Slave
Hi :) I just joined the website yesterday! So I decided to introduce myself ❤️
Currently, I don't have any guinea pigs. I had a guinea pig named Mimie who I bought from a pet store in the summer of 2006, but she actually just passed away five days ago on the 20th of March. Sad day, and I felt bad for my sister because Mimie's passing was only two days after her eleventh birthday. But Mimie lived a long and happy life- she was 8 years old.
We plan on getting another guinea pig this summer.

canadianxehh

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Just out of curiosity, why do you only get them in the summer? Maybe you can get a new one for your sisters late birthday? Just a thought. :) enjoy the forum.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
So sorry you lost your piggie. Welcome to the forum.

CuddlyShark

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Just out of curiosity, why do you only get them in the summer? Maybe you can get a new one for your sisters late birthday? Just a thought. :) enjoy the forum.

Thanks!
The reason why we tend to get them in the summer is because we're going to be very busy with vacations soon, and we won't be back until august. The fact that we also got Mimie in the summer is simply convenient.

canadianxehh

Cavy Slave
@CuddlyShark that makes sense :) plus in my opinion, getting them in the summer is a lot better than the winter, because then you can take them outside :)

CuddlyShark

Cavy Slave
@CuddlyShark that makes sense :) plus in my opinion, getting them in the summer is a lot better than the winter, because then you can take them outside :)

Yep- That's another reason we like getting them in the summer. :)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum, i'm sorry to hear about Mimie's passing. but she did live to a good old age and that attests to the good life she must have had.

hope to see your new piggy in summer!

CuddlyShark

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum, i'm sorry to hear about Mimie's passing. but she did live to a good old age and that attests to the good life she must have had.

hope to see your new piggy in summer!

Thanks! And I'll definately post pictures of the new piggy once we adopt one. :)

CavySavvyGirl

Cavy Slave
That's awesome that you are getting another piggy...but please do get him/her a buddy. They are naturally herd animals and feel frightened & alone without another of their species. Please consider it...and do take a look at C&C cages and the minimum cage sizes for guinea pigs on this site. There is such a difference in personality if your pig has a friend and a properly sized cage. :) That said, welcome to the site! We're happy to have you here!

CuddlyShark

Cavy Slave
That's awesome that you are getting another piggy...but please do get him/her a buddy. They are naturally herd animals and feel frightened & alone without another of their species. Please consider it...and do take a look at C&C cages and the minimum cage sizes for guinea pigs on this site. There is such a difference in personality if your pig has a friend and a properly sized cage. :) That said, welcome to the site! We're happy to have you here!

Thanks! :)
I've been looking into getting a C&C cage as the one I currently have is only big enough for one piggy.

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
sorry for your loss. please make sure no petisides are used on your lawn. unless you live in a house. my landlord believes that it makes the grass better

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry about Mimie -- though she did live to a good age. That's great you're considering a C&C!

CuddlyShark

Cavy Slave
sorry for your loss. please make sure no petisides are used on your lawn. unless you live in a house. my landlord believes that it makes the grass better

No pesticides are used in our yard. :)

CuddlyShark

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.