Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New peggie owner intro

Oneluvebug

Cavy Slave
Hello All! I've recently (one month today) adopted two wonderful boys-Brownie and Ty. They started off as a birthday gift for my daughter, but quickly won the hearts of the whole family. My husband and I are head over heels for these guys. Three months prior to the boys joining our family we read books, visited several locations, and watched numerous videos all to ensure piggies were the perfect pet for our family-and they are. Just in love! I am very impressed with this site and the warmth of every one out there helping newbies like me.

Thank you for creating a wonderful site! I look forward to being apart of this community.

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Tehe, one of your boys shares a name with one of my girls! Her name is Brownie! Make sure to post pictures of them! As they are a must!:D

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and Welcome! We are crazy for pigtures so if you can please post some of your little guys!

Oneluvebug

Cavy Slave
Thank hhbean and Mummyof5piggies for the warm welcome. I will post pictures of my boys this afternoon (just gotta figure out how to transfer my photos from my phone to this thread).

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! Can't wait to see the pigtures. It's so easy to get smitten by these little guys. I'm glad you're enjoying the new family members.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum, great job on doing lots of research before you got your piggies :D you're a good parent!

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@Oneluvebug: WELCOME to the forum :) awhhh, I'm glad you and your family love your piggies so much and that it's all going well!
Everyone on here is lovely and help, advice and great discussions are always around!
I look forward to seeing your pictures!!

Oneluvebug

Cavy Slave
Thank you Varcoda. I am not a person who jumps into anything without knowning what I am getting into. With holding a life in my hands I wanted to make sure not only was I up for the responsiblity, but the whole family. So far everyone is doing the part wonderfully. We are all so in love with our boys we want the very best for them.

Within the first week of having them we changed from the paper shaving to the fleece. I found that Brownie was sneezing everday when my husband was doing the daily cage cleaning. I felt this was not good for him. So we looked for an alternetive bedding. Fleece is working out wonderfully! Kids really liked being able to pick out a special pattern for Brownie and Ty. I like the no smell and more importantly Brownie doesn't sneeze. So I think we've are improving their well being.

Oneluvebug

Cavy Slave
Here's our boys...
20130315_193701.jpgIMG_0908.jpg
20130316_144915.jpg
First picture is close up of Brownie playing in his tunnel
Second picture is of both boys...Brownie has the carrot, Ty is in the back (This picture was taken the first day we got them)
Third picture is close up of Ty enjoying one of his favorite dinner foods (as Dad prepares dinner Ty likes to help himself)

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Awhh so cute :)
I'm glad fleece is working out for you!
I love the patterns that are available.

SimbaDC650

Cavy Slave
how do they like that bed, I normally see it at petco/petsmart. I have a cats rest mat and put my pigloo on that, they love it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.