Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Room Just for piggies

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I was just curious as to how many people, like me, have dedicated an entire room just for their pigs and supplies? I had this weird room that was really too weird of a shape for anything (it is long but narrow). So, I decided to put my pigs in it. (Pic below). I have 6 girls in a u-shaped 2x11 and I put my 2 new pigs in a 2x4. The room also has a fridge for their food. I also have all their items stored in the room in various storage containers. I have a vacuum I put under the stand and a garbage can I put near the cage. Their laundry goes in a basket that slides under the stand as well. The room does also house a litter box, cat food, a cat tree and 2 cat houses for my cats because they need to have somewhere to hide from my very energetic border collie puppy. The cats have lived with the pigs for almost 4 years now and never bother them. One of the cats did use to jump in the cage to sleep but she doesn't do that any more. :) So, who else dedicates a room to just pigs?

DSC03633.jpg

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
What an awesome set up!! When we move I want to have a room just for my pigs, but right now my house is too tiny. I LOVE your set up though!!

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
And my cat has never bothered my Piggies either, so we dont have tops on the cages. =)

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
i have 5 pigs in a 4b6 cage and sometimes move them out to the living room to clean that room out.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
its so nice that you have a room just for the piggies :)

for me though, i think i'll always want them in an area more.. open? so its easier to walk by and interact with them frequently :D

my cat and the pigs have lived in the same house for 10 days now, she's curious about them but i don't dare to let them meet out of the cage just yet. XD

KaileighRussell

Cavy Slave
That's my plan! I want to definitely have my piggies and then have space for some foster piggies :)

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
That's my plan! I want to definitely have my piggies and then have space for some foster piggies :)
Well at my house we have guests. (Once in a blue moon)
I like being able to close the room off to people like my little brother and som
and other people

Last edited:

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I would love to be able to have them out in a more open space as well but with my border collie that would be a major safety issue. The room is actually right off the kitchen and adjoins the downstairs bathroom so they are, by no means, left alone all day. I walk in and talk to them and give them treats every time I use the bathroom or do laundry (the washer and dryer are in the bathroom).

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I have a devoted pig and bird room. It used to be my pride and joy sitting room, but now it's the pigs' living area and also the home base for my Quaker parrot's cage, although he's allowed to fly freely around the house during the day and often hangs out with me in the family room. The pigs spend a lot of time near me, too, since their swimming pool playpen is in the family room, but the "pig" room is stacked with all their supplies and has a constant haze of hay and pig poop scattered around on the carpet. I've got all the bird stuff in there, too.

3GPigsplus1more

Cavy Slave
I actually have a room dedicated to piggies but I also foster so I do need one. I have my fosters in a 2 level 2x8 which is divided according to how many fosters I have. I have my own 3 piggies in a 3x5 multi level now. It can get pretty rowdy in there with all the squeaking. Lol
That is great you do have the space and have devoted the room to them.

adelore

Cavy Slave
Thats some awsome set up.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
I have the room to but my son likes them in his room.

SimbaDC650

Cavy Slave
how spoiled! :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.