Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Duffingham Palace

LC Kiko

Cavy Slave
I added a loft and fun stuff to Duff's cage. He used to have a 2x5 "kennel" area, and a regular store bought cage inside.

Now I have taken out the cage and replaced it with a litter box of shavings and added an upper level! He was not too sure about the ramp at first. When I stuck him up there to investigate he was chewing on the cardboard sides I had made. He LOVES the forest area! Duff was tugging and playing with the fabric.

Of course, Duff being the way he is, is nudging and nosing the litterbox around and flipped it over already :crazy: and chewing on the new ramp (out of defiance, I'm sure). The ramp is now covered with fleece instead.

Duffingham Palace
Duffingham Palace

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
So cute, love the little palace walls :)

LC Kiko

Cavy Slave
So cute, love the little palace walls :)

They're actually sides of Cutie orange boxes. I thought it was appropriate :)

Small problem.... Duff is chewing on the fabric forest quite a bit. He hasn't eaten any but should I be worrie!d?

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
They're actually sides of Cutie orange boxes. I thought it was appropriate :)

Small problem.... Duff is chewing on the fabric forest quite a bit. He hasn't eaten any but should I be worrie!d?
Very nice cage! And I like the sides!:D And if he's chewing it, it should be fine, probably just wondering what it is cause they can't see in front of them. If you see huge chunks out of it i would take it out. And in the pictures(probably just the picture) the ramp looks a bit steep, and you could put sides on them(just a suggestion) And the cage is big enough to get him a friendlol!, And.. the hay balls are dangerous for them their heads/paws could get stuck in them. you could bend a grid for a hay rack or make a hay bag?:)

LC Kiko

Cavy Slave
Yes he is quite spoiled with the size LOL. The ramp is two feet long but be seems to be getting usd to it. I do need to make sides doe him but I'm still figuring out that part

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.