Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags That Orlando Craigslist Spammer Again

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
A couple of my fellow Central Floridians have posted on the forums about this place in the past. It purports to be a rescue, but he admitted to being a bunny breeder in the past, and I'm not buying $70 as a bunny adoption fee, especially since he says that's for "certain breeds." I really wonder if all the rabbits that are together in the photos are separated by sex. He spams CL constantly, and I just get a bad vibe. For those who are so inclined, here are three posts to flag (in this first ad he even blatantly says, "We have some pets for sale also"):

(broken link removed)

This one is specifically for baby bunnies. It claims 80 percent were rescues, which means he bred the other 20 percent: (broken link removed)

More baby rabbits and guinea pigs. He says the piggies are rescues but doesn't even make that claim about the rabbits in this one: (broken link removed)

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Flagged them. Those poor bunnies are in a wire-bottom cage too, that's not good. :(

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
Flagged.

There are classified ads where I work and I am trying really hard to ignore one that popped up this week about baby dwarf bunnies. I feel bad for them because they're super cheap and it's Easter time. I really should avoid the ads altogether, as so far I've been tempted by several cats, a rat, and now bunnies. There's even one for a litter-trained adult dwarf rabbit, if I had any room to spare at my aunt's house I don't think I could resist that one.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
He's selling a variety of totally unsuitable pet store cages, too. Something just gives off a bad, bad vibe about the whole operation. I'm tempted to pretend to be a buyer and to go there for a look-see, but I'd probably depress myself even more. That wouldn't help in terms of getting him off Craigslist, and the animal control people around here won't do diddly squat if they have food and water.

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
It just doesn't sit right with me. All the kittens are in the same cage, and it's tiny and wire bottomed too. From looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like a rescue, more like a backyard breeder. All the kittens are around the same age too. Is it just a coincidence that he has all these rabbits right around Easter time? It just doesn't feel like a rescue.
Oh, Lord. I just found this. *Animals FORSALE*(Baby rabbits) Adults and Guinea Pigs | Facebook

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
Flagged them all. Seems kind of like a backyard breeder to me. I mean, all those bunnies in the wire bottomed cage:sad:

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
His facebook page is even scarier, possibly because of the 900+ likes he has. What sounds really fishy is all his "rescues" are almost the same age. I have never seen that many baby bunnies for "rescue" in one place. Backyard breeder for sure.

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I think @Canadian Comforts actually talked to him on Facebook when I started a thread about it. I live close to you, Mufasa, and I've often thought of taking a visit out there and maybe even trying to educate him. Or maybe a Facebook post. In the beginning he WAS doing rescue and he always posts ads about taking in unwanteds, but I don't know.

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
I think @Canadian Comforts actually talked to him on Facebook when I started a thread about it. I live close to you, Mufasa, and I've often thought of taking a visit out there and maybe even trying to educate him. Or maybe a Facebook post. In the beginning he WAS doing rescue and he always posts ads about taking in unwanteds, but I don't know.

or his friend is a breeder and he takes the ones that his friend doesn't want. Which still makes him just as bad as a breeder.

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
I agree, I'm not saying he's not, but we could try and help the situation instead of automatically accusing and thinking he couldn't change, you know?

KittyKrochet

Cavy Slave
Oi, Orlando. I hate this area of Florida, they're terrible here. Gives the rest of us a bad name. Flagged.

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
worse than a pet store

MrsSuzy

Cavy Slave
Just the fact he's calling them "Easter Pet Rabbits" is bad in my opinion. There are so many people who will get a bunny just because it's easter and then abandon them. A well educated rescue knows this and wouldn't use this to promote, I think.

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
He's selling a variety of totally unsuitable pet store cages, too. Something just gives off a bad, bad vibe about the whole operation. I'm tempted to pretend to be a buyer and to go there for a look-see, but I'd probably depress myself even more. That wouldn't help in terms of getting him off Craigslist, and the animal control people around here won't do diddly squat if they have food and water.

I feel the EXACT same way about him. It drives me insane and I even mentioned in a pic of one of his cages for sale that it was wayyy too small for even a guinea pig and especially for a bunny and he said, "Well for a single Dwarf 'rabbit'(not sure of breed) it is ok."
SERIOUSLY??!!!
I flag him everytime and it amazes me that he has so many supporters who constantly post with how wonderful he is....UGH!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
It annoys me when people put specials, or deals on prices for live animals. It's like..for the people who can't usually pay to adopt a pig..well here is your chance instead of $10 they are $5! 2 for the price of one! Sick.
How can he always have so many babies? How come most aren't even adults? People don't usually surrender babies..they surrendered adults or ones that are fully grown up..

Very Strange.

If I lived near him, I'd go over there and talk to him..just causally about things..randomly happen to bring up housing, breeding, prices ect...It'd be very interesting.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I saw him once advertising a C&C cage among all those other tiny cages he sells. If I see that again, I might act like I'm interested in it and go out there. That would be a good conversation starter on how most cages are much too small, C&Cs are what everyone should be using, and then "Yes, it's amazing how people don't know about cages and so many other things about piggie care, like the need for veggies and hay...." Good lead-in to perhaps educate him. I really think some bad things are going on over there, and between the constant ads and the Facebook page, he doesn't seem to realize it. I wonder if he's on the verge of hoarding. Many hoarders have a huge cabal of loyal supporters. Heck, people are still backing the Caboodle Ranch guy here in FL, even in the face of the photos and videos of the atrocities and the seizure of all his animals.

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
If you go onto his FB page, he actually claims to be a breeder. He says right on the About page he has done it a LONG time so he is a professional. So sad, so many bunnies and piggies!

AlphaLyrae

Cavy Slave
I find this whole thread rather ridiculous. I think the act of flagging someone before you know them, based on assumptions, gives a bad taste in MY mouth. Who are we to be judgmental of his practices when his rabbits are 80% rescues and 20% breeding? None of which (breeding) includes the guinea pigs?

I've been to his home and I would adopt from him again. This is where we adopted Strummy from. His rabbits were all healthy, friendly, and in a natural habitat. The adult and juvi rabbits had large natural habitats, with fresh water, food, and hay. They had the freedom to dig in the natural landscape and be RABBITS. His guinea pig rescues were separated by gender, clean, and happy and in an enclosed habitat.

He cares a lot about rabbits with a MAJORITY being rescues. He has a passion and he works hard and giving these animals a home, animals that other families, for one reason or another, couldn't be responsible for. Flagging him for being a rabbit breeder is NOT going to help the guinea pigs (who are rescued) find homes.

I also find the act of pretending to be a prospected buyer appalling.

KittyKrochet

Cavy Slave
In response to the Caboodle guy, unless you have actually been there BEFORE peta came out here, you would understand why we support him. Peta came in, trashed his place, and made it look horrible. I was out there personally months before peta "took care of the situation", and it was NOTHING like that.

[MENTION=27093]AlphaLyrae[/MENTION] , thanks for your input, it's nice to hear some positivity. I've only ever heard bad about him, and believed that to be the truth. Now I feel bad. =/ He seems like a case similar to the Caboodle.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.