Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi from Sephina and Loki!

Sephina

Cavy Slave
Hi!
I'm from Canada, and I have currently 3 piggies. My second guinea pig Loki came with two free. :p I'm hoping to find lots of info on caring for the little ones, and some issues I'm having with Loki after the birth, and how to mod my cage to be bigger. I'm thinking about adding a top deck since we will be hopefully keeping one of the babies, depending on gender.
668_10152621447185640_259233518_n.jpg578005_10152618107665640_349894758_n.jpg

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
the babies are adorably colored! you should show a picture of your current cage setup here :)

Sephina

Cavy Slave
156081_10152628777925640_1681252864_n.jpg
This is the cage as of right now. Not much I know, but I'm working on getting some cross bars and coroplast to essentially split the cage in half and have two floors to it and get some more toys. Right now they have a giant 4 inch wide tunnel (the babies hide in it, mom rolls it around, often with them inside) Some chew toys, a bell they ding usually when they need something, and some more chew toys on the closest side. I'm a little annoyed to have the dish of water, but it's what they had at the rescue, and the mom doesn't seem to understand how to use a bottle. So it means frequent water changes through the day. I'm also building a large outdoor pen (once the snow finally goes away) near where I sit and read to give them some outside time in the summer too. Also, we are clearing out another space away from the window for them, usually I have a blanket covering the back and a bit of the top to protect them from any drafts. There is also a vent close by to help combat it too.

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! if you don't mind me asking whereabouts in Canada? May have a connection for you to get a C&C cage that would work better...the one you have looks way too small for 4 piggies, since you mention your "second piggie came with 2 free"? Also, I'm thinking if you get a water bottle and that's the only option the mom has, she'll probably learn quick on how to use it? They are soooo adorable!! Again, welcome...

Sephina

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! if you don't mind me asking whereabouts in Canada? May have a connection for you to get a C&C cage that would work better...the one you have looks way too small for 4 piggies, since you mention your "second piggie came with 2 free"? Also, I'm thinking if you get a water bottle and that's the only option the mom has, she'll probably learn quick on how to use it? They are soooo adorable!! Again, welcome...
She is my second piggy, but the other was very old and has passed away. The cage will only be housing 2 piggies and once i have the second floor it should be fine size wise. Also I left her alone with a bottle for 2 days and she didn't touch it. It's the longest (and probably too long) I'm comfortable leaving her with 'no' water.

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Sephina my apologies and condolences on your loss. Can't wait to see pictures of finished project...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.