PDA

View Full Version : For shame to the veterans of this forum!!!!!!

Karianne81
03-03-13, 11:14 pm
I was absolutely disgusted when I was cruising the forum posts this evening and found yet another new comer being scolded for asking what might have been a repeat question. Listen veterans if you do not want to answer the question then don't!! there is no need to insult or scold someone new to forum for asking questions on how to care for there guinea pigs. After all isn't this forum to help in sharing knowledge so guinea pigs are cared for correctly and not neglected???
This touches a sore spot with me because this happened to me!! and I did search before I asked the question and never found the answer I needed until asking my specific question. I will never again rec. this forum to anyone and this will be the last time I come here. So new comers beware there are some very nasty people on here who obviously have lost site of what forums like this are really for. I feel bad for all those guinea pigs whos owners you insulted that may never get the info they need to care for there pigs because they gave up searching for answers because someone told them to stop asking repeat questions. I applaud your Jerkish ways!!!!!

Paula
03-03-13, 11:21 pm
Ha. What thread are you even talking about? I agree some things should be done differently, that's true of most anywhere. As is also true in many places, sometimes people just need to grow up and move on.

MochaAndMoo
03-03-13, 11:24 pm
I haven't seen any newbies being battered in the past few days, so I am not sure what thread you are aiming this at.
Posting rant threads isn't a good idea though, they usually end up with fights. I do agree with your point though.

SheWolfSilver
03-03-13, 11:29 pm
I'm new and I've been to a lot of forums about a lot different subjects. You just have to realize that there are going to be a lot of different types of people on there and you have to have a thick skin. Be a duck in water and let it roll off your back. Don't let it ruin your experience or your chance for knowledge.

iMariaRainbowz
03-03-13, 11:32 pm
I totally agree. People can be very harsh about the simplest little problems and chase people away.

CavySpirit
03-03-13, 11:54 pm
Geez, drama queen. I'm pretty sure this is post you are referring to. http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/fleece/84348-u-haul.html#post736621

And the poster went on, spending a lot of time to write out a very nice and detailed reply after suggesting that the new person get comfortable with the search function.

I don't need your drama about this either. If you've got a problem with a post REPORT IT. How many times do I have to say that? This thread is closed.