Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Awhhh,

• Thread starter addictivejuliet
  • Start date

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
So I went to Pets At Home yesterday because they've just opened a new store by my flat and I'm rather nosey and wanted to see how they had their animals set out, if they looked like they were treated well, etc and they have new young piggies, but they also have an adoption section,
where you can adopt a guinea pig someone has given them because they didn't want them any more.
There were two guinea pigs up for adoption and they were so cute. They were called Bob & Marley.
I really didn't want to leave them there, but I'm having trouble convincing my boyfriend to let me have guinea pigs.
I've had some in the past, when I lived with my mum, but now we have our flat together and I want piggies!!

They were in some sort of glass tank with a grid top and squeaked loudly when I talked to them.
I got no sleep last night, I really want them <3

Any suggestions on how to convince my boyfriend to let me have piggies would be great! xD

I have the money, time and space and of course the dedication and love.
He's worried they'll stink out the flat and the worst excuse of all "i don't want pets right now".
WHAT? They need rehoming.

I want piggies <3

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They don't stink, as long as they are in an appropriately sized cage and you do full cleanings regularly. Use fleece, it works the best because the poop is honestly what stinks the quickest and with fleece you're taking those out regularly.

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@2198lindseyThat's what I said to him.
I've given him my reasons and I'm failing to see why I still can't have piggies.
Maybe it will take time to win him over xD

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
uh i hate the pets at home adoption centre i walk in and there was a guinea called snowball who was allergic to dust,,,i felt like rubbish leaving her there :( i hate leaving the guineas for adoption, usually they are up for adoption if they havnt been sold and are getting too large but i always feel so bad o.0

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@2198lindsey That's what I said to him.
I've given him my reasons and I'm failing to see why I still can't have piggies.
Maybe it will take time to win him over xD
Maybe! I'm sorry, all my piggies got sneaked in :D

I didn't even discuss with my family getting one pig, let alone 3 LOL

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
You don't live in North Wales do you? Sometimes the pets at home adoption money goes to their 'charity' that I could not find anything about when searching the web for it so I'm inclined to think its going straight to their pocket. The one I go to will host the RSPCA, as the RSPCA centre is up in the hills, and the RSPCA will arrange for you to adopt piggies from their rescue instead.

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Iklepink: i don't nope, I live in the North West though. I called the RSPCA about pets at home today, I'm just about to post a new thread about it. You might wanna check it out :)

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
Find an excuse to get him to go to the store with you. After he sees those cute little faces, or as soon as he holds one... he will be singing a different tune. That's how we got Peri. After she snuggled up under my fiance's chin he was SOLD. And I didn't think he would agree to a third piggy but after he saw B'Elanna's adorable little face he couldn't tell me no :)

Peach and Zelda

Cavy Slave
Here's the trick I employed, I asked my husband when he was mostly asleep. LOL
lol

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
Ah the RSPCA have quite a few centres and foster centres for piggies that I know of between Crewe and Burnley so you should find something near you :)

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@GuineaGal2013: haha there's an idea, i will do that, he's seen them but i will make him hold one.
@Iklepink: I will be looking at adopting, don't you worry :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.