Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Woody Pet Pellets

D

DyanneRoper

Woody Pet Pellets

Hello! First time "post-er." Speaking of bedding: I thought I'd try the "Woody Pet Company" product as bedding for my long-haired g.pig ("Weeps"), and so far I've gotten a LOT of mileage out of it! It was $4.99 for a 20-lb bag, and this one bag will last me years! The pellets slowly break down, the urine is absorbed, you pick out the little "cigars" and one "covering" can last 3+ weeks! Amazing stuff! (You can read testimonials of horse owners that love it on their website) I had to drive a ways to get it, but sure seems worth it. Next time I put it down, I might just give it a little "head start" in disintegrating -- spray it with water to get it to crumble just a bit, as the pellets start out very hard and compressed. I have gone from pine shavings to CareFresh (out of my budget reach) to Timothy hay to kitty litter to newspaper to a combination of any two of the above. The shavings were a MESS all over the floor. What a relief, this stuff has NO smell once everything is absorbed, and nothing can get kicked out of the cage and onto the floor. You just need to "stir it" nightly and pick out the cigars...! So far, I'm thrilled with it! (I should add that Weeps is in a 3-story cage, so he only goes to the bottom floor to do his "business" and never sleeps down there) G pigs are unequivacally the BEST pet, IMHO!!

G

Glory Be 2

Woody pet

I have used Woody pet for my horses for about 1/2 a year. A couple of weeks ago we got 2 pigs. (I made a cube cage and which I'm very excited about.) I decided to try the Woody pet for the guinea pigs bedding. I am thrilled. After covering the bottom of the cage with the Woody pet pellets, I sprinkled water all over it with a sprinkling can. The water breaks up the pellets into a must softer bedding. (I have found that the bedding works better in the horse stalls if it is sprinkled also.) I waited about 15 minutes for the Woody pet to absorb the water before I put the pigs in the cage. We use a deep frying tool to sift through the bedding and remove the poop every day and then stir the bedding. I haven't changed the bedding at all. There is no smell. I'm hoping that I won't have to change the bedding for a month or more!!!This will make the Woody pet extremely economical!!!

C

cavielover1964

Re:woody pet

Where do you buy it from?

G

Glory Be 2

Where to buy Woody pet...

We buy the Woody Pet from our local Agway store. If you go online to the Woody Pet website they have a list of their dealers. I think that Tractor Supply stores carry it too.

Attachments

CuriousTom.jpg
S

spice3

Re: Woody Pet Pellets

can you tell me where to find this type of bedding pellets. thank you.

A

alsadena

Hi there!

I LOVE Woody Pet! It has no mess, no odor, very! economical since I only pay $5 a bag. Also, my one piggie is allergic to pine shavings ( even the kiln dried ) and CareFresh is just too expensive. So the lack of dust is great, she has had no respiratory trouble since I changed over to Woody Pet. And since it is biodegradable, several people I know use the old bedding in their garden.

Attachments

20160121_195851-1.jpg
W

websurfer1968

So, what store did you get this stuff at? Is "yesterday's news" the same?

contact me with information: [email protected]

Attachments

IMG_5111.jpg IMG_5112.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.