Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Plexiglass ventilation

GuineasGalore

Cavy Slave
I like the c&c cages but I was wondering if I was to build a cage with plexiglass if i could drill holes in the plexiglass for ventilation - what sort of drill would be required, and do you think the hardware store could do it for me

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Im not sure, but wouldn't it be easier jsut to buy grids?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
You would have to drill a heck of a lot of holes to get anywhere near decent ventilation. It would not be worth the cost or work it would take to do it properly.

If you did drill enough holes the plexiglass would lose structural integrity and crack every time it got wiggled. Just trying to drill the holes would crack several sheets before you managed to get done. I know because I used to sculpt with plexiglass.

GuineasGalore

Cavy Slave
The reason i liked plexiglass is that it has a neater look than the grids and because it's easier to see your pigs when they're hanging out

I wouldn't be putting plexiglass all the way around the pig pen, just for the walls or for at least two walls

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Mesh grids look really nice as well, although it is harder to see the pigs. Have a search in the photo galleries

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.