Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Proud new guinea pig owner!

samijo92

Cavy Slave
Hello, my name is Sami. I recently adopted my first Guinea Pig about 4 weeks ago. I adopted him from my local Petco store. His name is Chimichanga (Chim Chim, or Chimi for short :)). He is about 6 months old and cute as ever! I took him to my Exotic animal Veteranarian for an exam on his health and all that good stuff and turns out she suspected mites because of the itching and biting his back, but didn't want to waste my money on a skin scrape and just went ahead with the 3 shots 7-10 days apart. My vet was very proactive on getting him healthy and only charged me for my visit and first shot of Ivermectin, my second and third shots were free along with a free nail clipping because they all loved him so much! I hated seeing him get his shots :sad:, but I would rather have a healthy piggie than no piggie! I know there is the Ivermectin you can inject orally or the topically on the skin, but my vet highly recommened the shot and I am very happy with the results of the shots. Chimi is so hyper all the time. I put him in his play pen and he runs around popcorning everywhere! He already knows the sound of my alarm in the morning and as soon as my alarm goes off he wheeks letting me know it's time to feed him :). He is a little nibbler too lol. His first week he would always sleep inside his house and hide when I came in the room, but now he is always sleeping outside his house and on top of it! Whenever I have his food bags he wheeks and popcorns and puts his front feet up on the cage entrance. He is my little Chim boy and I love him so much ! He has an Awesome Mohawk going on on the back of his head and a few rosettes on his back which are totally adorable lol.
chim 1.jpgchim 4.jpg

Molasses

Cavy Slave
Awww he's adorable... I'm a New Guinea pig owner too:) looks like he's at a great home

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Hello! What an adorable pig! It looks to me as though he is in store bought cage. Will you be investing in a C&C cage? They are quite cheap and you can personalize them.

samijo92

Cavy Slave
Thank you! Oh cool :) He really is he is very spoiled! lol

samijo92

Cavy Slave
Thank you :) Yes he is in a store bought cage I fell in love with him and got what I could afford at the time with getting everything for him and seeing the vet. I will definitely be investing in a C&C cage for him!

Little One

Cavy Slave
Oh he is so cute!! Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to see you are going to be investing in a better cage for him. Have you thought of getting him a buddy? Guinea pigs are herd animals so they do better having a buddy around.

pikameg

Cavy Slave
What a little cutie!! And awesome job on taking him to an exotics vet right away, that was way proactive of you!

Chritazy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! Your little guy is adorable!

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Look at that mohawk! haha he's great!

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
His face looks like and the rosettes look like the face of Sarabi!

This is Sarabi:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361676848.229979.jpg

Attachments

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361676810.395366.jpg

samijo92

Cavy Slave
Yes I have! my Boyfriend is looking into adopting one so he can have a buddy :)

samijo92

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness Sarabi looks almost exactly like chimi ! how funny!

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I know! The other black and white face under Sarabi was Nala! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.