Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Living in the Garage

Icecream

Cavy Slave
Hello. I have had 2 Guinea Pigs for a year now, and we recently (few months ago) moved them from outside into the garage. They are in a 2 floor cage. As I live in England, it is warm enough in there and we give them a heat pad every evening and plenty of muesli water and fresh vegetables. However I am concerned about the lack of natural light they receive as there are no windows in the garage. We leave a light on during the day and switch it off in the night. I have 2 questions:

-How important is it that they receive natural light?

-If I take them out once a day for a 2/3 hours and let them run around in the hallway (which has windows and natural light) and on nice days put them in a run outside, will this be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!!! :D

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
In my opinion, it is very important to give piggies natural light, just like ourselves. What is your cage size? May I see a picture? And Piggies will need lots of fresh air, just like us. IF there aren't any windows, how about put fans near the cage, but don't blow it directly at the cage. This way, there will be air circulation. And have lots of cozies, incase they get chills.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I also believe that they need natural light. My girls have a window in my bedroom that hits their cage just right for most of the day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.