Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the forum

TonyaLynnnn

Cavy Slave
Hi all,
I had a guinea pig when I was younger but recently got 2 more males. I am totally in love with them. I got Elvis from a pet store. He is tan or reddish color and white. I will post a picture for everyone to see. Then I have Mick who is black, tan, and white. I actually got him from Craiglist from a woman who was told she had 2 males. Well to her surprise she had a male and female. She didn't know until she had new baby piggies. She kept the mother and 1 of the female babies, and she found homes for the other female and males. Which, one of the males was little Mick. He loves to wheek. lol I love it. They are living together in harmony with Elvis being the dominant. I have a 2x5 C&C cage. I am working on a second level for them. If anyone has any useful information that would be great. I am using fleece for my C&C. DSC04432.jpg

MrsSuzy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are adorable:love:!

TonyaLynnnn

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much. I just found out that Elvis loves his chin rubbed and his belly. He puts his back leg out and rolls on his side so I can rub it. Mick is the one that loves to make noise, especially when he hears some kind of bag. When is wheeks his ears move back and forth like an elephant.

sprouty

Cavy Slave
cute piggies

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
oh how cute! because i adopted my piggies i missed out on their 6 months of life :(
i don't dare to rub the chin of my piggies for fear they bite me though :X

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Adorable, and welcome.

Great to hear that you adopted Mick, and that you're using C&C cages. This is a great place to learn about your little fur babies and I hope you love it here as much as we do.

MrsSuzy

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much. I just found out that Elvis loves his chin rubbed and his belly. He puts his back leg out and rolls on his side so I can rub it. Mick is the one that loves to make noise, especially when he hears some kind of bag. When is wheeks his ears move back and forth like an elephant.

Aww, that's so sweet! My girls are still a bit shy of cuddles. I've had them since September last year but know sometimes it takes long for piggies to trust you.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Awww! They are so adorable! I think I am going to snatch Elvis!

aeiou

Cavy Slave
I love the expression on Elvis's face in the picture! I'm glad to hear you adopted Mick! They are both beautiful!
Do they have a favorite veggie yet? :)

TonyaLynnnn

Cavy Slave
They love lettuce, green peppers, carrots, but do not like collard greens or cucumbers. I think I agree with them on the collard greens . LOL They aren't really into much fruit at this point but they do like dried mango. I don't feed them fruit but once a week. Thanks I love my piggies. I just had to have Elvis when I him saw cuz his hair. LOL Is there really any other veggies that piggies seem to like besides the ones I listed?

MrsSuzy

Cavy Slave
LOL Is there really any other veggies that piggies seem to like besides the ones I listed?

My girls love coriander which they get almost daily and baby corn, which they only get about twice a week. Bitsy also loves cherry/vine tomatos though Dahlia won't touch them.

Little One

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your piggys are adorable! Your Mick looks almost like my Zazu! Although Zazu is an abby so that means he has hair like your Elvis lol.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...ants-list.html << Thats a handy dandy veggie guide for GPs. It tells you what they can have and how many times a week.
My guys love everything you mentioned as well as green beans, Zucchini and peas. Every once in a while they'll get an apple slice or a strawberry as well. I don't think dried fruit is a good thing to feed them, usually dried fruit is way higher in sugar than fresh fruit, and even fresh fruit is too high in sugar for a GP to have everyday.

Chritazy

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your boars are so cute! My Sophia likes a chin reb, but not Leia. She puts her paw in my finger to make me stop. LOL

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.