PDA

View Full Version : Lump There's a lump on the side of his neck.

joeamor
02-22-13, 02:08 am
Ok, so tonight I came home from work to discover that Bailey has a lump on the side of his neck. It doesn't seem to be causing him any pain, but it is hard to the touch. I've never had this happen before, and I searched the forum and found that in almost every situation like this the advice is to go to the vet, so I'm already going to call and schedule an appointment tomorrow morning, but I thought I would post in here for any advice I can get in the meantime. Is there anything I should be doing for him before I can get him in? Anyone have any idea what this is? I'm freaking out here. I've attached some pics of it I took. Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

GuineaGal2013
02-22-13, 02:23 am
It is most likely an abscess. He isn't in any immediate danger, but you will want to take him to the vet. The vet will drain it and give you some ointment to apply to it to keep it from getting re-infected. I'm sure he will be fine :)

HannibalLecter
02-22-13, 02:25 am
There's nothing you can do at home, just try to stay calm.

Here's information on different kinds of lumps:
http://www.guinealynx.info/lumps.html

foggycreekcavy
02-22-13, 02:18 pm
Since there are so many different types of lump in guinea pigs, there's really nothing to do until you see the vet. Good luck, and keep us posted!