Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Woody Pet!!

R

reesa888

Woody Pet!!

OK, I know that there was just a new post about it, but I'm going to post again. My experience has been mainly positive, if you can get the stuff easily.

I could see how the piggies eating it could be a big problem, but mine don't. It is heavy, but I manage. And I love the fact that it can be wet, and you just stir it and about and then it dries. Plus, ammonia (odors) are never a problem.

So you use the same bedding for a long time, as long as you stir, like the bags say, everyday.

Just try to keep your veggies in a different area since if small pieces remain, since you won't be changing the cage very often, they will remain and attract bugs and be horrible.

Other Woody Pet users, please, let's continue to discuss this!! I still want more info too.

PS-The bedding is not too coarse since within the first day it starts to break up.

L

lmdamarto

Re: Woody Pet!!

I love woody pet. It is the bestthing that I have ever used. My piggies, Calico and Skunkie don't eat it either, and stirring it every day helps keep me from having to clean up the cage all of the time. Now I can just clean out the cage every two weeks instead of every three days. If there tends to be a lot of wet wood, I will usually replace it with some dry wood, but this only have to be done about once a week. I clean out the entire catch every two weeks. Woody pet has been a fabulous bedding for me.

Attachments

20160325_194626.jpg
F

furie5416

Re: Woody Pet!!

Have you tried spraying it with water as other posters have done. Doesn't it get mouldy? I use it solid(pelleted) but now I feel bad that it may be to hard for the pigs to live on ? (Oh good something else to feel guilty about!-What is it about my animals)

Attachments

20160331_194858.jpg 20160320_221955.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.