Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Do you have to use it?

Milliee

Cavy Slave
hello
When you have a c&c , do you need coroplast? what does it do?
is there an alternative that is more widely available as i do not know where i could get it in the UK

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
You need coroplast to water proof it. You can also use shower curtain.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
You can use something else to waterproof your cage with like a shower courtain, but coroplast (or correx as it's called in the UK), is probably the most convenient material to create an easy to clean base with sides. I believe B&Q sells correx, it's also available at most sign makers or online.

Milliee

Cavy Slave
Will the sides still be strong without it? :)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
If you zip tie the grids for extra stability, it'll be really sturdy. The function of the coroplast/correx is not to keep the sides stable, but to create a waterproof tray to keep bedding & poop in. Without sides, you'll most likely have to scrub poop off the grids & pick it off the floor, as pigs fling it out when moving around.

Rach84

Cavy Slave
Correx is easy to pick up in the uk I went on yell.com an found the nearest sign makers rang them up an went with the lowest - most will even chop it to size for you xx

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
Yes it called Correx here so most people haven't got a clue if you ask for Coroplast! Sign shops and loads of online places stock it.

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
hello
When you have a c&c , do you need coroplast? what does it do?
is there an alternative that is more widely available as i do not know where i could get it in the UK

Could you use lino instead if you can't find coroplast/correx. It's called corflute in NZ. I use lino, newspaper, envirotiles & hay. In winter I hope to try fleece again. As others say zip or cable ties will help wigh stability.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.