Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! Meet Camellia and Lalia!

PromisePiggies

Cavy Slave
Hello Everyone! My name's Katrina and I'm the proud new owner of two Peruvian sows.

This is Camellia:
IMG_1410.jpg

She's a 5-week-old fuzzball.

And this is Lalia:
IMG_1412.jpg

She's a 9-week-old sweetheart.

I can't promise constant activity on these forums, but I know I'll have questions and this seems the perfect place to come for expert answers!

PunkRockElite

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your piggies are super cute :)there is a great wealth of information on here, has helped me with my two bundles of fluff

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What adorable pigs.
You're very lucky, abby's have amazing personalities.

PromisePiggies

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the kind welcomes! So, first question. You called them abby's, which I Googled to find out means Abyssinians. Now I'm a bit confused... Are they Peruvian Abyssinians? Or are they perhaps mislabeled as Peruvians on their pedigrees?

They are already developing the best personalities I could hope for. I love them both so much!

More pictures, if it helps:
IMG_1380.jpgIMG_1381.jpg

Camellia is a bit camera shy, but she certainly has rosettes on her hindquarters.

Last edited:

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
When I posted that I was on my phone the picture was really small, now I am on my computer and I can see that they are Peruvian's. Sorry for the silly mistake.

PromisePiggies

Cavy Slave
No problem! I'm new to cavies and just wanted to make sure. Thank you!

Riot101

Cavy Slave
WOW!!! The little white one is one of the most beautiful pigs I`ve ever seen. Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

jubespiggies

Cavy Slave
The swirls in the hair is what makes them abbysinians but the length of hair makes them peruvians. Regardless, your piggies are adorable.:)

PromisePiggies

Cavy Slave
I understand about the Abbysinians and Peruvians, I love their little rosettes! Though, they do seem tender to the touch, so it limits where I can pet my piggies. They're seriously more adorable that I ever imagined! I'm taken aback every time I'm cuddling with them. :) Now I need to go through these forums and root up how to trim their fur without making it look terrible and how to safely clip nails. I'm so worried I'll make them look like mops when it comes time to trim their fur!! These forums are excellent and I'm happy to have found them. Now... To look into cage expansion!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.