Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New!

CaviesPrincess

Cavy Slave
Hello there! New here! I've got 3 piggies 4 days ago. That's a valentine gift from my boyfriend. I already made a C&C Cage for them, and we're planning to put another floor as soon as we've got enough cubes. :eek: really love my piggies! The reason I joined here is that I want to get more information on how to perfectly care for them, and sharing my journey with my piggies as well. :D Thanks a lot! Good luck and God Bless cavy slaves!

HPIM1530.jpg

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! You have some lovely little babies! What are their names?

Ohh also, if you have any questions or need any help feel free to ask away. I will try my hardest to help, and if I can't answer it I am sure others here that are more knowledgeable than I am will gladly help as well!

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
OH they are beautiful, congrats!

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Those are some adorable babies you got there. If you have any questions feel free to ask or dig (this forum is packed full of info!).

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
Oh so cute!!! We have 2 right now, but will be getting a third one soon (surprised my fiance agreed to let me get another one). Are yours boys or girls? And I agree, we need names to go with those cute faces ^_^

CaviesPrincess

Cavy Slave
the one on the left side is Puff, on the right side is Tippie, and Crumpet on the middle. They are so adorable! I get to love them more and more everyday! lol Thanks! This forum is very much helpful for piggie lovers! :)

CaviesPrincess

Cavy Slave
They are all girls! I got an idea of their names from the internet. Maybe now they recognized their names because they get to 'wheek wheek' as I am calling them :cheerful: They are so lovely!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Very cute!

I know you said they're all females, but pigs get missexed ALL the time. Please at least turn them over and compare the pertinent parts. If they're different, separate by gender before you wind up posting that you're having baby guinea pigs because one of your pigs was male instead of female. Thanks!

CaviesPrincess

Cavy Slave
Thank you for this. After reading this, I immediately ran inside their room and checked them. They all have the same figure of the genitalia. As I was holding them, I saw and felt the tummy of my Crumpet a bit bigger than the other two, though my Puff has a big tummy also. Suspicious? I don't think they would get pregnant as early as one month? And oh, another issue I want to raise is when I was checking their genitalia, I touched Tippie's tummy and I felt something. I Looked at it and I saw something in the middle of her tummy, it's like the size of her nipple with a dot. Same with my Crumpet, but what I saw in her was just like a dot and it is not swollen. Is there something I should worry about with this matter? I love my piggies ever since I've had them, and I do not want any of them to get sick . :weepy:

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
As I was holding them, I saw and felt the tummy of my Crumpet a bit bigger than the other two, though my Puff has a big tummy also. Suspicious? I don't think they would get pregnant as early as one month?

Please be 110% sure that they are all females...breeders and pet shops are notorious for mix-sexing, but if he adopted them from a shelter or rescue then i'd be alot less worried. They can get pregnant from as early as 4 weeks (Males can mate their mothers at 3 weeks, but baby girls can't get pregnant till 4 weeks)

And oh, another issue I want to raise is when I was checking their genitalia, I touched Tippie's tummy and I felt something. I Looked at it and I saw something in the middle of her tummy, it's like the size of her nipple with a dot. Same with my Crumpet, but what I saw in her was just like a dot and it is not swollen. Is there something I should worry about with this matter? I love my piggies ever since I've had them, and I do not want any of them to get sick . :weepy:

From what I know, it's a belly button...and Tippie's I don't think should be swollen. If I was you, I'd take all three down to your nearest Exotic cavy savy vet to have them sexed and then have a health cheeck...as once again breeders and pet shops are notorious for selling sick (or all ready pregnant) guinea pigs.

CaviesPrincess

Cavy Slave
Thank you for that. Now I'm worried that my two piggies are pregnant! I'll be posting pictures of them to make you see what is on their tummy. I'll send them to the nearest vet to make sure they are really ok. Other than that, I couldn't see any possible signs of illness. In fact, they're always running and popcorning! And whenever I go inside their room from school, they always make a 'wheek wheek' sound which makes me so much convinced to love them more! I think they are happy with their home since they came from a small 'bird cage' with lots of other piggies inside! If that is the case, then maybe my piggies could possibly be pregnant! :eek:hmy:

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
They are so cute! I love how fluffy they are!!!

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your girls are very cute!

CaviesPrincess

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much! People here are so approachable. :) Indeed they are so fluffy and lovely! I hope everything is going well with their health. :eek:

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
Those are some precious piggies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.