Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Trying to help.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Okay, so it starts off like this. Yesterday, I posted a picture of me and one of my pigs on Facebook, about a day later a girl who is in the same Math class as me messaged me saying she thought my pigs were cute, and that she also had a pig (She only had one pig). After talking and exchanging pigtures, we came onto the topic of cages, I sent her a picture of my cage and she acted like it was the biggest cage she had ever seen in her entire life (It's only a 2x4), I asked what type of cage her pig had, she said "It's way smaller then yours! I got it for like $20 at a pet store.". It would have to be VERY small if it cost $20 at a pet store, she asked me about C&C cages and where I got mine from, I told her the place and then she said, "Oh, thanks, I will need more cages for when I breed her, so I can put the babies in there". Obviously, I told her the risks and she changed her mind. I also offered to give her my old cage materials (I have 50 spare grids, I am a bit of a grid hoarder), and I also have spare sheets of coroflute (I offered because it is very rare to find the grids in Australia). I also might link her to some good guinea pig sites and forum. Hopefully, I can change her ways and help this little piggy out.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Ohhhh it's definitely a good start. SO glad you were able to convince her to change her mind about breeding. Hopefully with your extra supplies she can build a great cage for her pig.

I'm a bit of a grid hoarder too. My feeling is, you never know when you will need to quickly make a cage (quarantine, sick bay, cage cleaning) so it's better to have extra on hand. I also have 3 or 4 sheets of coroplast from old cages that I'm not using anymore.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
I sit next to her in Maths class, so I'll try slip in the topic of guinea pigs every now and then.
She seemed to care about her pig though, especially when I told her about the risk of breeding.
Hopefully Jaicee (The name of her pig) is going to be popcorning and running around in a big C&C cage soon.

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
That sounds great! I have a few friends who have guinea pigs... It's been years and I still haven't managed to persuade them into the wonderful world of c&c!

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
Yes it IS hard to find grids in Australia, send me some spares? :p

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
@Rybo5000 PM me and I will see if I can help you out, (I know of a few stores that have grids in stock).

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can convince her to get Jaicee a friend?

Piggies010

Cavy Slave
maybe you can find a single, rescue pig, then show it to her, telling her how it needs a home with a friend already there, do you sort of get what i'm saying

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
The closest piggy rescue is in Mandurah, she wouldn't be willing to drive that far. So I have decided to show her some pigs that people want to rehome in our area.

Amy262

Cavy Slave
I would direct her to this forum. This place has been a WORLD of knowledge for me! There are still some things I'm learning as I go.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
This has been the best guinea pig forum I have been apart of, I like the people, the set-out, and all the helpful information.

I'll definitely tell her about the site.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
WHOOP WHOOP! GPC=1 Breeding=0

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
I also am on the road to hopefully changing a guinea pigs life. My teacher decided to get a guinea pig last year, and i was i her class.I at that time knew nothing more than her until i got my pigs this year. He is kept in a tank and is fed unlimited pellets and no veggies other than a few carrots here and there. I decided to write a paper in the hope it will change mind on how to care for A guinea pig. It includes everything she needes to know and this and guinealynx website. The pigs name is Cosmo and he is a big sweet heart hes so calm and deserves this love and care. I am also planning on telling her that if shes not up to the job of the proper care i would love to take him andput him in a 2by4 in my house under my girls and hopefully find him a friend.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.