Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids How to work around dangerous grids?

mama_

Cavy Slave
My boys are in a 2x4 with a storage base. I was going to get rid of the storage base, put their level on the floor, and add an additional 2x4 level on top out of the grids I had used for the storage base.

And then I remembered why I built the storage base in the first place....the grids have 5x5 squares in them (the dangerous kind). I can buy more grids but I'd prefer to use what I have so how can I work around this? I know the options could be higher coroplast edges but I don't really like the idea of that. Any other suggestions?

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What about replacing the bottoms and using the 5X5 grids as the bases of each level. Then it will be covered by the coro anyways. Still in use, but not the harm!

mama_

Cavy Slave
What about replacing the bottoms and using the 5X5 grids as the bases of each level. Then it will be covered by the coro anyways. Still in use, but not the harm!

GAH! Why didn't I think of that. I'll try that but I think I may still have some 5x5 grids on the sides. One package of grids had all 5x5 and another package had like 2/3rds of the grids 9x9 with the rest 5x5...it was very weird.

lissie

Cavy Slave
If your cage is against the wall, you could put all the 5x5 on the side of the wall.

mama_

Cavy Slave
If your cage is against the wall, you could put all the 5x5 on the side of the wall.

IT IS against the wall. YAY. Thanks guys. Apparently these simple ideas are just slipping my mind haha.

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It's all good. Sometimes It just takes someone else to remind you of ideas you already knew.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.