Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chelsea, Nigel, and Ramsey say Hello! :D

Chelsea Thorne

Cavy Slave
Hello! I'm Chelsea, the Mom lol, and I have two guinea pigs, Nigel and Ramsey. They are both males and I've had Nigel for about a month, and Ramsey for a week and half. Nigel is approx 1 yr and 3 months old and I took him in after my step-sister moved back into her college dorms and couldn't take care of him anymore. Ramsey is my baby and he is approx 3 months old.

Right now Ramsey and Nigel are trying to assert dominance in their relationship. Every night when I come home from work, they spend a few hours in a playpen. Nigel chases Ramsey, humps him, and rumblestrutts...but everything seems good with them so far. No crazy fights or anything like that, so I'm very happy. I will be building them a 2x4 C&C cage this weekend and they will live together from there on out. Luckily my Mom will be staying with me for this coming week and she will be able to watch them during the days while I'm at work, just to make absolute sure they are alright with being together 24/7.

These are my first two guinea pigs I've ever had, and I have fallen in love with the species. They truly are so charming and I love their tendencies and just...everything. It's funny because I'm 22 years old, and these are my first guinea pigs...all my friends and family look at me like I'm such a dork when I talk about my guinea pigs with so much love and excitement, but hey...they're awesome. :p

P.S. The cavy in my avatar pic is Mr. Nigel after a bath. :love:

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! Your piggies seem to be quite the cuties!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.