Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C We spent our day expanding!

ktatum

Cavy Slave
We spent our day building a new cage! We hope to eventually integrate a pair of our girls with a trio of our girls, and this will (hopefully) be their cage. It's a 2 2/3 X 6. What do you think?

photo.jpg

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I think it looks awesome! Very nicely done! :)

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Nice! That's a great use for the bottom of a pet store cage (if that's what the litter box is)-we do that at the rescue too.
Your piggies will be very happy.

ktatum

Cavy Slave
Nice! That's a great use for the bottom of a pet store cage (if that's what the litter box is)-we do that at the rescue too.
Your piggies will be very happy.
Yup! Pet store cage repurposed :] This is the "travel cage" they came with, we just took the top off and made it a kitchen!

SingMeAHarmony

Cavy Slave
That is so cute! Love the patterns, line of igloos, and the repurposed storebought cage was a great idea- I'll probably do the same for my coming-of-age C&C!

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have the same fleece and love it! I like that you did the flippers! Were they hard to make, cause they look very nice! Keep us updated on how well they work/how much you enjoy them.

ktatum

Cavy Slave
That is so cute! Love the patterns, line of igloos, and the repurposed storebought cage was a great idea- I'll probably do the same for my coming-of-age C&C!

I'd recommend it, we do the same thing in another one of our cages and it's so easy to clean!

I have the same fleece and love it! I like that you did the flippers! Were they hard to make, cause they look very nice! Keep us updated on how well they work/how much you enjoy them.

I think this fleece is so super cute, it's definitely tied for favorite with my batman fleece lol! The flippers weren't too difficult to make. The hardest part was cutting the coroplast, cutting against the grain is such a pain! It took about an hour to make the 5 flippers, cut the material I use under the fleece, cut the fleece itself, and put them all together. I had my fiancé's help which was great!

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
That doesnt sound to bad at all! I am currently in the process of trying to decide what to do with my fleece. I currently have it just layered in the cage with the towels and such underneath, but like the look of the fleece that covers the coro. I have recently started to really like the aesthetics of the flippers though.

ktatum

Cavy Slave
I currently have it just layered in the cage with the towels and such underneath, but like the look of the fleece that covers the coro. I have recently started to really like the aesthetics of the flippers though.

That's how my fleece is in my other cages, just laid down. Two of my piggies like to burrow under it so they're getting flippers soon. The biggest reason I decided to make these, other than looks, is that it will be easier (hopefully) to sweep them. I'm really excited for that lol!

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
Yuh being able to sweep would be great!

ktatum

Cavy Slave
I want to stack the same sized cage on top of this one, I'm just not sure how to make it stable. Any suggestions or is it a lost cause?

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
I dont think it is a lost cause at all! I would def. look into getting some L brackets from a hardware store they can be ziptied on as well. and will stabilize the upper level. Also, you can get dowel rods that can go across each grid that will really help to stabilize as well. I am sure there are other things to help, those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.