Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm new!

ForNarniia

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I just joined this site today. My name is Stephanie. I got a guinea pig a few days ago on the ninth of February. I was just doing a little extra research and stumbled across this site so I decided to join. I got this guy at Petco and I named him Olly. He's super sweet. He's about 10-12 weeks. Immediately in the store he cuddled up to me, and after settling in for a day at home he did the same here. He's got such a big personality, I absolutely love him already. In addition to him I also own a horse named For Narnia aka Vinny, two fish, two dogs named Bentley and Junior, and two birds named Cooper and Gryffindor(Gryffin).
olly1.jpg
olly2.jpg

Attachments

olly3.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Olly is very cute.

cavy_jdas

Cavy Slave
Welcome! He is indeed very cute, and glad that you are enjoying him so much! This is a great place to learn about guinea pigs and to ask questions.

If you decide to get him a buddy, let me know. I know some wonderful women that run a rescue in Wisconsin, and they have dozens of little cuties waiting for new homes. :)

This website is also a good source of medical info:
https://www.guinealynx.info/

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum! Olly is adorable :) There's tons of great info on this site!

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome!! I just got little Tobias as well. I really suggest a vet visit asap though. A good well pet visit never hurt anyone, plus most pet store pets have mites, lice, or URI's. They are all pretty easy to fix if caught early by a vet. Pet store pet's a full of easily fixable problems. Mine has lice so it's worth that check just to make sure!

SingMeAHarmony

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your new addition is a cutie. I suggest a vet visit soon as some pet stores carry lice or different kinds of mites depending on where you got him from; most are pretty easy fixes. If you're looking to get him a friend (which I recommend once you've mastered taking care of one) I suggest trying a rescue; this site has rescue finders in an area near you. Until then, I'll be waiting to hear from you! I've learned a lot on this site and I'm sure you will, too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.