Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage cage liners

seveneves

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I've been prowling this forum since 1/30/13. I love the cages tho some are way out of my league. I've had some ideas of my own. Ya know, how to do things 'my way'. But i'm curious about how the cage liners are made. Someone said you could just tuck the material in, some ppl say they are sewing them. I was wondering if i put the coroplast down, connected the grids together but not to the sides and then wrap some fleece around them and lay that down... But then the wires would still feel thru the fleece and not be comfy... so if you put the grids down (i guess they floor grids could be completely optional...?) then wrap fleece around the coroplast, put that down on the floor and then place the coro around the sides and tuck it down in it would help hold the material in place... or sew like a quick long pillow case and put the coro inside...:crazy: and i have many other animals to care for and babies due the first week of march so, not that the piggies mean any less to me than my goaties, but i dont want to spend an awful lot of time cleaning.... cuddle time is just a few min each per night, i dont want to cut into that doing cage maintainence....
am i making any sense? i'm tired and it's late but i want to learn and do whats best for Bo and Kenzi

seveneves

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
(ps) the girls are drinking from the water bottle but they seem to really have to work at it. is this normal? should i get a diff bottle or a dish to drink from? also, my sons 4H leader said that teddy's are supposed to feel wiry or bristly, their fur isnt soft. when i first got the girls Kenzi's fur felt like a goat does when they havent gotten enough minerals, hard and coarse. since i've had them i've noticed that Kenzi is getting softer. anything i can give them to supplement?

seveneves

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
well, thankfully, i found a link on someone else's question about liners along with a video
now i will have to keep searching to find out about water bottles vs water dishes

aeiou

Cavy Slave
water bottles are better. The water stays fresher, longer.

Sundaexoxo

Cavy Slave
I know exactly how you feel with your water bottle! I think about that all the time. I guess that just how piggies drink!:)

Sundaexoxo

Cavy Slave
Plus in my experience I was changing the dish more than twice daily... I prefer bottles but it's up to the owner!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.