Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

What is this? Something on her foot.

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
My friend has three guineapigs. I went to her house and realized one of her guineapigs had these on his feet what are they?

Attachments

image.jpg

Okiesmokes

Cavy Slave
That looks like poop?

I've never personally seen this before. Did you try GuineaLynx? They may have something about it.

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
I thought that at first but it isn't its attached to the foot and you can't take it off!!!

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
Did you see if you could take it off? Maybe it's just dried poo. (Did you try soaking it in warm water to see if that helped?) Also that piggy could use a bit of a nail trim I think.

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
Yes I did!!! I swear it isn't poop!!!!! There on all four feet! And yes I was helping my friend do that when I noticed them!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Could be an extra toe. I believe it's called polydactyl. Some just have underdeveloped extra toes. It's usually not on all four feet but I suppose it's possible.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It could be a sore that has turned black. If you've tried soaking it and it's not coming off I would tell your friend to take her piggie to see a cavy savvy vet.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Did you read the link Onetwo gave?

It's a spur. Lots of pigs develop them. Simply trim it off with your nail clippers, but not too close to the pad.

HDPigletMommy

Cavy Slave
When my one piglet had a URI she got a tiny bit of diareah from her meds. She then got something between her little toes that looked like that. I thought it was poo then tried to remove it and was sure it wasn't. I soaked a towel in luke warm water and applied it to the "thing". Low and behold it finally started to break apart and it was poo! Now it hadn't been there long, maybe only a few hours. But it came off fairly easily with the warm water. Good luck!

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
my friend's pig had one of those and the vet told her it was a corn...just like people get. the vet removed it for her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.