Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Would a 1.5 x 3.5 cage be big enough?

chicaguapa

Cavy Slave
We've just rehomed two little girls aged 2 and we inherited all the equipment including their cage. It's not very big, only 3ft long and I'm not happy with it so I've been looking for a new one. I'd like to make a C&C one but can only fit a 1.5 x 3.5 cage in the space. I've found these grids here (broken link removed) which would fit. But is this going to still be too small? The kids would like a loft too. Would these work for that? I know these grids aren't as strong as the usual ones but would they still do the job?

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
No, not technically speaking. But you have to do what you have to do. And later, probably real soon once you see how happy a larger enclosure actually makes them and changes how they act. You will figure out a way to make a 2x4 or 2x5 for them. I had an issue with space and fought with many diffrent designs before settling on the one we have now. The greatest thing about a C&C enclosure is they are like Legos and can be torn apart and rebuilt whenever you feel like it!
Ask us questions, tell us about the problems, we may have suggestions you could use, we are here to help.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
That's still very narrow. Can you try rearranging or putting the cage somewhere else?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.