Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Hairless rat care?

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Long story short, I'll be rescuing a male hairless rat this weekend. I know absolutely nothing about rats. About good food/cage size/nothing lol. I was wondering if any of you guys have expirience in rats and could help me out.
Thanks!

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
They need to be in pairs an they need a really big cage. I will post a picture of a good cage. Here is a proper sized cage for a rat pair. It may be a tad big but it's like using a 2x6 for two sows.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359681747.442716.jpg

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Lol @YourSoJelly my ratties cage! :p

I use to have it like that but have changed it..any way that cage is big enough for 9 -13 rats using the rat cage calculator but watching my 3 I personally wouldn't put more then 5 in it...

@2198lindsey If I was you I'd get him de-sexed (If he isn't already it'll make him more calm and and less aggressive..Neutering ratties is really needed in my opinion), and I'd adopt another neutered male buddy for him or a couple of girls as like guinea pigs they need buddies.

I'd love to write down all of the rat care I've learn these past 3 months owning my three but I don't have time...I just logged in after seeing my cage :p

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Sorry @RodentCuddles for not acknowledging that it was your cage. I just take the pics and post them. I forget to give ownership of them. Sorry.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Sorry @RodentCuddles for not acknowledging that it was your cage. I just take the pics and post them. I forget to give ownership of them. Sorry.

Lol, no worries! It was just nice to see my cage being used to show people about rattie cages! Haha, no need to be sorry!

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Ok. I don't want enemies on here! :D I do love the fleece choice you had.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.