PDA

View Full Version : Very frusterated

Jesseehopper
01-30-13, 01:52 pm
Okay so imgoing to be writing a novel here lol but its an imortant novel

I have 2 bunnies one is neutered and the other is not, the have been together since babies and have lived with me for 2 years.

I need to get the one neutered and we made an apointment for next wednesday.

The one im getting neutered's name is jubejube. He is very sensavtive, he loves people very much but he isnt the strongest little bunny.

The vet we are bringin him to is the best in my province and has all the newest technolgy, he specializes in bunnies. We have broght our dog to thhis vet before and the man was great and really tried to save our dog but in the end bear died but its not because the vet didnt try, its because his organs died

Dr.sign is really good and loves animals so since he specializes in bunnies i wantted to bring jubejube there because hes more sensative then my other bunny.

When i got my other bunny done he went to a diffrent small animal vet that isnt as technologically good but kkings doing great. We paid 150$ but he never got a pre-vet check which upset me.

Jubejube will get a pre vet check so i know he wont be going into surgery with a heart conditon or something. The only thing is that i will have to pay 300$ :(

I am a 13 yera old kid who owes her mom 300$ already for medacine for my sick horse ( my mom is an animal lover and not making me pay for meds, i am paying her back because i feel i need to 300$ is alot of money)

I already have 200$ and i have a job sorta at my dads store as a "janiter" i clean things and i get 5$ an hour so i can make another 100$ by next wednesday pretty easy but then i have to make another 300$ to pay my mum back :( Im not saying i care more about money then the health of my bunny its just that i have been working my butt off to pay my mom back and i thought i only had to make another 200$ but now i got to make 300$ MORE dollars sigh

I just wanted to know what you think,should i work my butt off and make 600$ and then bring jubejube to a great vet with tons of experience that is specialized in bunnies and has new technolgy. Or should i make 400$ and and have jubejube go to a small animal vet that doesnt have the newer technolgy and wont do a prevet check but does spcialize in small animals..

Now that i wrote that i think the first one is the best answer but i still want to see what you think.

Also my mom isnt making me pay her but i am because i feel that i need to so its not like i have to give her oney by a certain time but i want to be able to pay her by the end of febuary because after the end of feb more horse will need more meds AGAIN so i kinda am giving myself a time limit ( please dont think that i am selfish and dont want to give my horse meds, my horse means everything to me)

P.S im 13

thanks
megan

CandyApple
01-30-13, 02:17 pm
I haven't read the whole story as I need to go off to the shop in a minute... But I really wouldn't post your age on the internet. You never know who's out there :-/

foggycreekcavy
01-30-13, 02:27 pm
To tell you the truth, unless the bunny is elderly or sick, I don't see a need for a pre-check. And you don't need a lot of special equipment to do neuters, beyond the basics. If the other vet did a good job on the neuter of your bunny, and is a small animal vet and does lots of bunny neuters with good results, then I see no reason why you wouldn't go back to that vet. Also, if a pre-check is important to you, then most likely this vet would do one.

Why do you say this bunny isn't strong and is sensitive?

Ultimately it's up to you--if you feel more confident with the more expensive vet, then go for it.

xanima
01-30-13, 02:50 pm
[QUOTE=foggycreekcavy;721930]To tell you the truth, unless the bunny is elderly or sick, I don't see a need for a pre-check. And you don't need a lot of special equipment to do neuters, beyond the basics. If the other vet did a good job on the neuter of your bunny, and is a small animal vet and does lots of bunny neuters with good results, then I see no reason why you wouldn't go back to that vet. Also, if a pre-check is important to you, then most likely this vet would do one.

Ultimately it's up to you--if you feel more confident with the more expensive vet, then go for it.[/QUOTE

I agree, and I might even prefer the "cheaper" vet because you have experience with him. The other one might have great equipment, but that is not the most important thing.
And that you were there with your dog doesn´t mean anything. I know people that have different vets for dogs/cats and rabbit/cavies because they might be great with the first and not have any idea about rodents/rabbits.

Jesseehopper
01-30-13, 04:52 pm
To tell you the truth, unless the bunny is elderly or sick, I don't see a need for a pre-check. And you don't need a lot of special equipment to do neuters, beyond the basics. If the other vet did a good job on the neuter of your bunny, and is a small animal vet and does lots of bunny neuters with good results, then I see no reason why you wouldn't go back to that vet. Also, if a pre-check is important to you, then most likely this vet would do one.

Why do you say this bunny isn't strong and is sensitive?

Ultimately it's up to you--if you feel more confident with the more expensive vet, then go for it.

No, the vet that did my other bunny was not a bunny vet, he was more for cats and dogs. Jubejube isnt the strongest because he was the runt of the litter hes a little bit hard to keep weight on so thats why i would like the pre vet check

Jesseehopper
01-30-13, 04:53 pm
I agree, and I might even prefer the "cheaper" vet because you have experience with him. The other one might have great equipment, but that is not the most important thing.
And that you were there with your dog doesn´t mean anything. I know people that have different vets for dogs/cats and rabbit/cavies because they might be great with the first and not have any idea about rodents/rabbits.

actually the giy who did my dog is specialized for bunnies, the guy who did my other bunny is specialized in cats and dogs, i took a risk taking my other bunny there

Jesseehopper
01-30-13, 04:54 pm
i think i made my decision and i am going to bring him to the expensive vet, but please keep posting here to help