Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Our first C&C...our babies are so happy!

Lovely

Cavy Slave
So I found this forum a couple days ago while looking for ways to make the bottle stop dripping. I had never heard of these cages before but instantly fell in love. I ordered one right away and we got it today. We bought a 2x4 (which is nearly 4x bigger than the cage they were in :guilty:). They are sooo happy...and so are we. I switched to fleece right away...I absolutely HATE bedding and it's way to expensive. Our pigs (Sweetie Pie and Sonic) are loving their new space. I actually tried to pick up Sweetie Pie (the grey and white) and she freaked out. I think she was afraid I was putting her back in her old cage. :weepy: It broke my heart.

I still want to get a few things (fleece forest, new hideys, and maybe a loft). But here it is. :) IMAG0472.jpg

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
OH that is tooooo precious! Loving the color scheme!

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
However, I see you haven't yet figured out how to stop the dripping! :D

Lovely

Cavy Slave
Thanks, my daughter is into all the groovy/peace sign stuff. We have some groovy piggies.

And (LOL) I think I have the water bottle down now...at least better than it was. My 2 year old squeezed the bottle before I took this pic. But before it was literally flooding the cage. It was AWFUL. At least now I have something there to help the cage from getting wet...haha.

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
It looks great! I chose purple coro for my big cage too (with a pink loft lol). I actually found little cheap water bottles that don't drip, I was amazed. I bought them expecting they would be temporary until I could find "real" ones. Of course they are small and need to be refilled at least once daily, which is ok anyway. It guarantees they have fresh water.

I tried to find a link on amazon but couldn't tell if the ones there matched. I can look tomorrow, I don't dare wake sleeping piggies once the toddler is asleep lol

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
What a cute pair of pigs! Where your rust colored piggy is sitting, i have the same thing but its lime green and its upside down! It makes for a great hidey in a small, quarentine cage!

Lovely

Cavy Slave
Ohhh great idea! I want to order some fabric hideys...but have to wait a week or so (I spent way to much in fleece yesterday...haha). I do have an extra one of those so I'm going to put it in and see if they use it. :)

The white/grey is the mama...and the brown is her baby. She was pregnant when we adopted her.

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
Do you have a smallish strip of fleece and a grid left? After spending all this money on fabric hideys and cups and tunnels etc. I discovered that mine love a bent grid with fleece wrapped around it. I had to put 2 in each of my 2 cages because they fight over them like it is prime real estate.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
@T_Licious I use the stretchy jumbo book covers over the bent grids and clip them to their cages. Here is a pic of them in the cage
DSCI0005.jpg

barbklis

Cavy Slave
i would love a cavy cage but i also have a huge concern about my cat wh sits by my piggys cage and watches her every move

Lovely

Cavy Slave
Oh neat idea. I don't have any extra because I just bought the premade/grouped kit. I wonder if I could use a small cooling rack and bend it?

Lovely

Cavy Slave
i would love a cavy cage but i also have a huge concern about my cat wh sits by my piggys cage and watches her every move

We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. The dogs don't care about them at all, and would never hurt them. 2 of the cats love to watch them but never try to go near them. The last cat is a handful. He has been getting in there with them since we put it together this afternoon. He wants to play with them but he isn't declawed so now I'm nervous. Their cage will be in my daughters room and the door is always closed, but now we'll need to be extra careful to make sure he's not left alone with them without supervision.

lissie

Cavy Slave

You can put a lid on the cage. Wire closet shelves work well for this.
(broken link removed)

seveneves

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
@T_Licious I use the stretchy jumbo book covers over the bent grids and clip them to their cages. Here is a pic of them in the cage
View attachment 40814
this is a bit of brilliance! my cage is on the floor and kills my back to clean it. I will repurpose my grandson's crib and be a much happier camper!

adelore

Cavy Slave
this is a bit of brilliance! my cage is on the floor and kills my back to clean it. I will repurpose my grandson's crib and be a much happier camper!
What a cute idea.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.