PDA

View Full Version : In memorial of Wombat

sun_sparkz
07-26-05, 10:40 pm
At 2am last night my Guini Pig "Womabt" woke me up as he was sqeeking and sneezing. I awoke to give him a wheat biscuit and a cuddle before he went back to sleep. But when i woke up he was dead :(

I buried him under a tree this morning where his favourite grass grew.

I cant stop thinking about you womby - i will be missing you so much!!

I found this site while looking on the net for explaination of what happened to him. I wish i had found you guys sooner!! You would have loved to meet womby he was the most precious animal i have ever owned. he was a frizzly haired guini with curly hair and curly ears and a cute little brown snout and he looked just like a mini wombat!! He would always escape from his cage and come and find me on the lounge and say hello!!

I hope to learn from you guys a lot now, so that this doesnt happen again.. i dont know what i did except love him so much.. i cannot believe he is gone.

twofinepigs
07-26-05, 11:41 pm
I'm sorry about Wombat. It's very hard to lose such a good friend.

CavySpirit
07-26-05, 11:42 pm
I'm very sorry about your pig.

munchkin
07-27-05, 12:12 am
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I recently lost one of my guinea pigs due to smoke inhalation after a fire. You have my sympathies.

cavy-cool-crazy
07-27-05, 05:13 am
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Marlania
07-27-05, 10:53 am
So sorry to hear about Wombat.

Ly&Pigs
07-27-05, 01:34 pm
Trust me, you will probably learn more than you want to if you hang around here for long. This forum has a great wealth of information. Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry you lost your precious Wombat.

cutemomome
07-27-05, 01:48 pm
I am sorry for your loss, but please do stay at the site, I hope you will soon adopt another loved friend.
By the way, I love wombats, they are very very cute creatures, and I can only imagine that Womby was a very darling boy.
momo

suzilovespiggie
07-27-05, 06:38 pm
I am so sorry you lost your piggie.
You will love this GP site. There is such a great amount of info and the members are all so helpful and wise when it comes to GP's.

VoodooJoint
07-27-05, 07:21 pm
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

sun_sparkz
07-27-05, 09:57 pm
PLease dont flame me...

I noticed in one thread that someone said "no iceberg"

I fed my womby iceberg occasionaly. I mean, they eat it in the wild dont they.. when they invade vege patches?

Is it bad for them? how bad? like.. stomach ache bad or toxic coma bad?

Cherryrosed
07-27-05, 10:13 pm
Stomach ache bad. Iceberg lettuce can cause bloating and has little nutritional value.

Johanna
07-27-05, 10:15 pm
I'm new here too. I was going to write about one of my guineas that died recently as well. You said that your guinea pig had curly hair. was it a texel? Mine was, and he died when he was only a year old. I was wondering if anyone has heard of genetic defects that purebreds have. I read somewhere that some guineas have genetic defects and wont live much longer than a year. He didnt show any symptoms until the day he died and was gone within hours. I would love to post a few pictures of him, but dont know how.

Johanna
07-27-05, 10:44 pm
i think I may have figured out how to post pictures of my texel. He had very long hair that was in ringlets. I had to trim it because he would get so much bedding stuck in it. I hope this works. They arent very good because I took them with my phone. I didnt have a digital until after he passed away.http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/littleauntjomama/photo_064.jpg http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/littleauntjomama/photo_063.jpg

sun_sparkz
07-28-05, 01:07 am
YES!! thats what womby was but womby was all brown with a ginger tinge in the sun.. he was beautiful.. as was yours :(

You know, now you mention it my Texel was a purebred as well,, and about 9 months old.. and was dead within 4 hours of symptoms. I wonder if it IS a breed thing? I also used to notice little lumps under his coat (like pimples?) for the last few weeks.

cavy-cool-crazy
07-28-05, 06:58 am
I think the little lumps/pimples may have been mites, but I don't think that was what will have led to his passing. If he was sneezing he may have had a URI (Upper Respiratory Infection), which can become fatal quickly.

sun_sparkz
07-28-05, 07:15 pm
Really Mites? that sounds nasty i better go do some research to treat my other three in case.

I am so thankful for this site, so thank you so much to the mods and creators and everyone here. After some reading last night I treated my Guineas to :
RSPCA lucerne Pellets with Vitamin C (went and brought them)
Guini Hay mix from farmland
Broccoli, 1 carrot, banana (peeled), and a slice of apple
= all n their cage this morning.They were very chirpy when i left for work this morning. they also had some toilet rolls cut down the side for play time!

now with so much stuff and food in bowls everywhere they need a bigger cage!

My Guinea Pigs Thank You!

Funnygpigs
07-29-05, 12:39 am
That is so great. I am glade that you are improving the life of your pigs. I am sorry about your piggie passing away! He sounds really cute. Welcome to the site. I have received some very useful info from here. I would have never known about or tried fleece bedding, if it was not for this site. Plus, I got ideas for making my cage bigger, better care for my little furballs of love. :0)

Sweetywheety
07-29-05, 07:20 am
i'm sorry to hear about wombat, I lost my Oreo a few months ago. I sympathize!