Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Fleece won't wick!

Cherrysmiles

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,

I need some advice on what I'm doing wrong, because I bought two different shades of blue fleece from Spotlight, and they are BOTH Husky brand (100% polyester anti-pill and polar). The navy blue fleece wicked straight away after 3 washes, but the light blue hasn't wicked at all and I've washed it 5 times now.

What am I doing wrong? I tried testing the 'wicking' on both sides of the fleece but the water just puddles each time. I used Spree 'summer breeze' washing powder (yes, I know it shouldn't be scented, I didn't find that out until I used it :( )
It has no added fabric softener either.

Thank you in advance for any help!

mari11

Cavy Slave
I know this was a few weeks ago, but just in case, you could try washing/soaking it in some vinegar and water.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I also get the same kind of fleece as you do from the same place, most of the time is wicks after a few washes, if not you may have to soak it in vinegar (As @mari11 said).

Cherrysmiles

Cavy Slave
Thank you, I'll try that now :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.