Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss Bald Spots? Please help!

cheesypuffpea

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I took my piggies out for floortime today and picked one of my piggies up and held her and saw two patches behind her ear missing hair? Here's what it looks like:

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo.jpg

They are both behind her ears, mainly a larger spot on her left ear. The rest of her fur is fine. She hasn't been scratching or anything, and is acting normal. I haven't given her a bath in a long time because I don't really want to stress her out, and she's not too dirty! The bald spots look a bit dry. If anyone knows the cause or anything, any help or advice would seriously be appreciated! I recently just had a large bill from my hamster having a vet examination, so if it's not something too major, I don't want to take her to the veterinarian. If it is something important then I will take her. Is there like a cream I can put on the spots?

Thanks in advance everyone!!

MissJean

Cavy Slave
All piggies have bald patches behind their ears. Some pigs have larger spots than others.

The dryness is kind of odd, though. Do you have any coconut oil in the house you could try dabbing on them?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Most guinea pigs have bald patches behind their ears. So no worries, it's completely normal.

megziepoo

Cavy Slave
Completely normal! I know my piggie has quite the bald spots when i push his long hair out of the way

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Some teddies have dry skin. She looks like a teddy?

cheesypuffpea

Cavy Slave
Haha i see now! I guess i hadn't noticed it too much before, as my other piggy doesn't have as large bald spots i thought it was weird! Thanks for all replies guys! Yeah she is a teddy, what i think I'll do is order some melts off Gorgeous Guineas, the spots are pretty dry, so hopefully those will help!

Many thanks^^

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.