Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Is anyone still selling Grids in Sydney

dzrbenson

Cavy Slave
I know a few have found some here and there,

Ive been looking for grids for some time, tried alot of Aldi stores,big w, kmart, target, bunnings and more.

Is anyone able to point me in any direction they might have them?

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
eBay is your best bet. I know there is a Brisbane supplier, not sure about Sydney, but they will post.
I have seen on a thread recently that you can ask at the service desk for bunnings to special order them in, but I don't know if anyone has done so successfully. They are expensive though, I spent a couple hundred on my collection. I had two cages and two grid high bases.
I have just changed from grid cages to using a corflute base inside a single bed frame from ikea! I like it much better and it's bigger and sturdier too!
I also tried a corflute only base and that worked very well too. I used the 8mm corflute from a local supplier and made the sides high enough that the pigs couldn't get out. There was still plenty of air circulation and it was much easier to access. And the 8mm stuff is so sturdy I didn't even need supports underneath.
Good luck! :)

jubespiggies

Cavy Slave
I've seen Auburn bunnings have 5 grids for $2, so that could be helpful. They're in the storage section hidden on a dark shelf so it might be hard to find.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I got my grids from bunnings, they're usually shoved at the back of a shelf in a dusty box.

sofieguineapigs

Cavy Slave
I've seen Auburn bunnings have 5 grids for $2, so that could be helpful. They're in the storage section hidden on a dark shelf so it might be hard to find.
! My mother works near there so when I go to meet her we could stop by. That is so helpful! Plus we can buy piggies some stuff from Costco too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.