Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi :)

Jesse

Cavy Slave
I want to know as much as possible on guinea pigs and their needs before getting some. I would much appreciate it if people can give me some tips and cage ideas. Also toys and treats that your guinea pig likes. Much love x

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome!

For cage ideas just look though the cage photo section in the photo area or you can go though this thread - https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/71362-lets-see-your-cage-pictures-please.html
For treats, strawberries and apples are my piggie favs! Or well any fruits are a couple times a month treats but they really love their veggies...so they get their fav yummy treats every day!

For toys, mine don't really pay attention to brought toys they just love playing with one another...having buddies is better then any toy! :)

(But they do love their tunnels, pillows and their fleece forest corners)

Little One

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum! Its smart to do your homework before diving in and getting a guinea pig!

For treats my boys love strawberries, grapes, and one of my boys loves apples.

My boys live in a custom bulit cage that isn't c&c. Its rubbermaid metal shelves zip tied together. Right now I have a shower curtain as a base. There are tons of other great ideas on this sight.

For toys, my boys like toilet paper rolls, rolled up bunches of plain white paper, and empty cardboard pop cases for tunnels, and hiding.

Jesse

Cavy Slave
Thanks:) And i will certainly get 2 or more guinea pigs... dont want them getting lonely! x

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh, and remember to adopt (from a rescue, shelter or someone who doesn't want theirs any more) don't shop (from a breeder or pet shop) and that way you can start owning piggies knowing you did the right thing from the very beginning and saved lives! (;

Jesse

Cavy Slave
I have a few rescue centres in mind, I hate animal cruelty or neglection of animals and I am willing to help any animal :)

missguineaginns

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! I'm so glad you're learning about guinea pigs prepiggy. I didn't do as much research as I should have with my first two and I wasn't as informed as I should have been. C & C cages are amazing and fleece is the best! (I also found it cheaper than buying other bedding.) I hope you are able find some piggies at your rescue or shelter. Mine always have quite a few and I always want to take them hom but can't:(

Jesse

Cavy Slave
Hi and thanks I used to have some hamsters and looking back now I really feel like I could have taken care of them better, and this was partly due to me not finding out about them and doing research so I feel much better now knowing that I have some knowledge of guinea pigs before I get some.:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.