Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Cubes in Canada?

R

rabbitlover

Hi. I am new here. I came upon your site just when i was ready to give up the search for new cage ideas. But then i found ****YOU****!! i think your website should be nominated for an award. Anyhoo now that i am don't sucking up i need help. I will be getting a rabbit in a few months and i want to make him/her a cube cage. I was all excited untill i started looking for them here! NOWHERE seems to have them! and the places that you can order form online... well lets just say it is 100 dollars ameerican plus 30 dollars american shipping! put all that into canadian dollars and it is almost 260 dollars!!! way more then i can stand paying! i am only 13 years old after all. So my first question goes out to fellow canadians. WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR CUBES?!?!?!?! I can't use the shelving idea because it has to be cat proof and at least 25" tall. My question for everyone else is what other materials could i use?!?!?!?!? and could someone leave an exaple of a zip code? i need one to get on to the Staples website. Thanks for everyones help:)

M

Minibean

Cubes

Have you looked at Costco and Target? Cubes are available in most parts of Canada if you look hard enough. I couldn't get them here, though, (Newfoundland) so I had to order from Stacks and Stacks website. It cost about $180 including shipping for 2 boxes. I know, whoa. I'm 17 and had to pay for it out of allowance plus gift money I'd saved.

If you can't get them online and absolutely can't get them where you live, you might still be able to do it with shelving. The photos on the website show the 16" shelves, but there are wider (taller) ones available. When I got mine, I saw many different sizes and widths.

Attachments

IMG_4153.jpg IMG_4159.jpg My 3 eyed piggie.jpg
R

rabbitlover

Re: Cubes

Hey thanks for the reply. I live in nova scotia:) I would swallow and say ok but one small problem. My parents. even tho i am paying for everything out of my own pocket they won't let me do it the way i want to do it! errg but what can i do? Keep the replies rolling in pease!!!

Attachments

IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg
I

IreneCCY

Re: Cubes in Singapore?

Hi there, I am new here.

Any idea where I can get these cubes in Singapore??

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: Cubes in Singapore?

Someone else from Singapore couldn't find them and wanted someone from the US to ship them to her. That was going to cost like $200! Yikes. If you do find them, please be sure and list them on the database on the site. If you can't find them, try the organizational shelving.

P

Paige

they can be found in walmart

you can get 13 grids from walmart in N.S. for $20.00 they come in red white and blue. hope that helps!!

Attachments

2015-10-29 10.53.59.jpg 2015-10-29 10.54.12.jpg 2015-11-03 18.01.18.jpg 2015-11-14 16.24.04.jpg
S

shirleytx7

They are for sale at Target.com $19.99 for 23 panels and connectors Site address: (broken link removed)

I got mine from target and they work great.

W

WiltChamberlain

I got my cubes at Costco... $20 Canadian. I'm in London, Ont. I only use the cube cage for the
piggers though. My bunny is in a large(HUGE) dog crate at night and runs free during the day and he
is mostly litter trained (and I have a hand vacumm for when he isn't). The dog cage usually sells for
about $120-150 in pet stores but I got it for $10 at a garage sale (SUPER DEAL!) Before I found it
I was going to build a cube cage for him too but it works so great.

M

Muuru

I'm in london ont. canada too! what part do you live in? I got my cubes at wal-mart actually. The price was a little higher than costco($17 for 3 cubes, $20 for 4 at costco) but I only needed 3 anyway. Also, that whole one day membership thingy didn't work, cuz the dude was all like "you could cancel your membership and get a full refund on day 364/365 of the contract." However, I didn't really want to buy it, buy the cubes, and refund it at the same time ;)

R

rabbitlover

I ordered the cubes, spent close to two hundred dollars and the cage won't hold him!!! i am very sad about that!!

Attachments

IMG_5785.jpg IMG_6116.jpg

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Did you look at the cage links page and surf through some of the designs others have successfully used for rabbits?

Attachments

Cute butts.jpg Sush good boys.jpg Fluffy cutie pie.jpg DSCN0375.jpg DSCN0381.jpg DSCN0386.jpg DSCN0387.jpg DSCN0388.jpg
R

rabbitlover

I did but like i said my bun was able to tip it no matter what i did! silly little scooter! anyway i was able to sell the cubes for 100 dollars lucky for me!

R

rabbitlover

I forgot to metion that i was able to buy a gigantic dog crate that is doing... for now. it was built for a great dane and my 4 pound rabbit shakes it... HARD. It is 6 feet long,4 feet wide and about 4 feet high. He also gets 1 and a half hours of run time a night a half hour cuddle a night and a 20 min grooming session eveynight. Good thing i only have one or i would have to quit school!

Attachments

IMG_2202.jpg IMG_2203.jpg IMG_2204.jpg IMG_2210.jpg IMG_2212.jpg
H

hkswtxbabe

i currently have 3 bunnies living in a cube cage. Yam is 7months, bubbles is 5 months, and baby is 3 months old. they're all under 2 pounds. and really cute too. they're very playful and love to explore. i let them run all over my house. and when they get tired or need to use the bathroom, they hop back into their cage. they liked their second floor the most. :evil:
all three of them usually sleep on the second level cuddling together. the cage size is 4 cubes by 2 cubes for the first floor. the second floor is 2 cubes by 2 cubes. the cages is pretty strong. they couldn't escape =P and i have no problems with it. i made the coroplast bigger so it can fit on the outside of the cage. my bunnies love to chew on things.
im planning on getting more cubes so i can make the second level 4 cubes by 2 cubes also. i love this site ! thanx for the advice of building these cages.

oh yeah i also have a dog at home, a yorkshire terrier . the bunnies love chasing the dog around. the dog usually hids in his tent when all three are chasing him =P the cage can withstand a 7 pound dog and won't collapse;) !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.