Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Finding accessories in UK

C

CazM

Finding accessories in UK

Can anybody help me please?
I am just building a C&C cage, although I'll probably use lino as coroplast is too expensive, and am looking for wooden houses or hideaways and other toys for our two guinea pigs. I've seen some fantastic accessories pictured on the C&C page and elsewhere, but they are all American. None of our local petshops have anything suitable and I haven't found any online UK sites. I am in London. I'll be grateful for any info,
Thanks

2steps

Re: Finding accessories in UK

Hi
I`m in west London and there is a pet shop in Harrow that have some toys and accessories for guinea pigs. Mine like the chube cube they have (cardboard tube) and I`m making them hammocks. You could use plain cardboard boxes as houses, mine chew them to bits but there easy to replace. I`m also going to use lino as I don`t drive and haven`t been able to find coroplast near by and as you said it`s quite expensive.
(My cage is 4 x 5 cubes with a 4 x 2 second and third level)
I could`nt find ramp so I built my own from a piece of wood shelving (£2.50 B&Q) and some flat beading (£1.40) Maybe you or someone you know could build you a house for your pigs? :)
I remember reading a website that had ideas for homemade toys. I think it was the cavycages site. I remember one idea was to put a tennis ball in a sock.

I just checked and the url is
www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm

:D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.