Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Possible mites?

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So a few days ago Mocha had a vet appointment. Because my two guinea pigs are joined at the hip so we HAVE to bring them together because they hate being separated. I have noticed they are scratching quite a lot lately. I haven't noticed any hair loss or any other signs other then scratching. The only problem is that since Mocha stopped eating and lost a lot of weight a while ago she isn't heavy enough as most of the treatments require them to be over a certain weight.

KaileighRussell

Cavy Slave
I would suggest going to a specific cavy-savvy vet in this case for treatment. They'll be able to measure out the correct dosage.

How much does Mocha weigh? I know that they've treated small piggies before as the treatments are measured mg/kg type thing. My Callie got treated when she was small (mites made the rounds with my three. Consult your vet - they definitely know best. Was the loss of appetite due to mites, or did Mocha have another health issue?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I'm confused--has she already been to the vet?

Yes, an exotic vet would be able to treat her no matter what her size.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.